Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing bulb in 5th gen accord

Old 07-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing bulb in 5th gen accord

I keep trying to replace the drivers side headlight low beam bulb in my 5th gen accord and i can't seem to the the harness off. I push in the clip thing and push down but i'm afraid i'm gonna break the bulb or the headlight or something. Any suggestions? I also tried just taking the bulb out of the headlight by turning it clockwise but it won't turn. Thanks
Old 07-11-2004, 06:49 PM
accordvtec77

there is a black ring around the bulb itself, THAT is what you have to turn to release the bulb. As far as the harness goes though...try this: looking down at the bulb, try pulling the whole connector up towards you, THEN while holding it up, push on the release tab, that usually works. Only other way without breaking anything, is to stick a small screwdriver between the plastic base and the connector, to release the tab that way.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

i got the harness off now but i still can't turn that black ring. I tried wrapping my hand in a towel and everything but it won't work.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:00 AM
accordvtec77

I'd say spray the thing down with brake parts cleaner to remove any dirt that might be causing it to "freeze", then spray around it with silicone spray, that USUALLY works.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

alright i finally got it. thanks for the info
Old 07-12-2004, 11:47 AM
axemansean

Originally Posted by accordvtec77
there is a black ring around the bulb itself, THAT is what you have to turn to release the bulb. As far as the harness goes though...try this: looking down at the bulb, try pulling the whole connector up towards you, THEN while holding it up, push on the release tab, that usually works. Only other way without breaking anything, is to stick a small screwdriver between the plastic base and the connector, to release the tab that way.
:werd: When I put my Silverstars in I remember it was a royal pain in the butt.