Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R O.E. springs ?

Old 06-21-2004, 02:27 AM
BONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R O.E. springs ?

Hello everyone just purchased a 2001 Accord EX and want to lower it I know people talk about in the rear you will need a camber kit so my ? is will you need a camber kit with the H&R O.E. springs. Or should I just get the H&R sports what shocks do you recommend just want a nice drop no auto crossing or anything like that just want a decent shock thats not going to break the bank thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 03:52 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

H&R sports and KYB AGX shocks
Old 06-21-2004, 06:42 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Originally Posted by vtecaccord01
H&R sports and KYB AGX shocks

I 2nd this motion but there is always eibach or neuspeed to look at..but definitely stay with kyb agx shocks they are awesome riding
Old 06-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

I think they H&R OE's have like a .75 in drop or something like that. Your probably going to want to go lower than that Your pretty safe on the camber kit thing till you go over 2 in and even then some people run w/o camber kits fine. Let us know what you decide :thumbup:
Old 06-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Intrepid241

I say Eibach Pro Kit with KYB AGX
Old 06-21-2004, 10:03 AM
BONE

I thought they didn't make the KYB AGX's for the 6 gen
Old 06-21-2004, 02:32 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I have the Eibach prokits, they are too low to use with stock tires and no camber kit. I killed my OE tires.

If you aren't getting a camber kit I'd strongly recommend the H&R OE's, especially if you have the stock wheels and tires.

As for shocks, www.Shox.com send them an email, get prices for shocks. And pick the brand that is the cheapest. If you aren't driving way hard it's not going to matter much. In fact if the stock shocks are like new, just keep using them. If the mileage is over 60k get new ones, it will be the last set the car will ever need.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Cosmo M3
Lurker

Originally Posted by MrChad
I have the Eibach prokits, they are too low to use with stock tires and no camber kit. I killed my OE tires.

If you aren't getting a camber kit I'd strongly recommend the H&R OE's, especially if you have the stock wheels and tires.

As for shocks, www.Shox.com send them an email, get prices for shocks. And pick the brand that is the cheapest. If you aren't driving way hard it's not going to matter much. In fact if the stock shocks are like new, just keep using them. If the mileage is over 60k get new ones, it will be the last set the car will ever need.
the H&R Sport springs on stock struts will work fine. I had mine for over a year with no problems.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:57 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by AznMAC007
the H&R Sport springs on stock struts will work fine. I had mine for over a year with no problems.
Yep, everyone has different tolerances for tire wear and ride quality.

I rode on H&R sports for 2.5 years with no camber correction and I was able to get 25K miles out of some Kumho 712s.

I also had the H&R sports with the stock shocks for 2 years and they kept the ride dampened pretty well. No blowns shocks. Granted the Koni's I have now are much better and offer much more performance and I would still recommend you swap to performance shocks when using sport springs, but the stock shocks really weren't as bad as some people make them out to be.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 AM
BONE

does any one have a picture of their car with H&R O.E.'s on that will help me determine if I want to go with the o.e.'s or the sports