Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Old 05-19-2004, 06:59 PM
twixster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I have a quick question about the tuning for my car that i brought up in my other post(mods). My friend has told me that there is nothing that i can do to this car to make it faster unless i change the engine. Also, he says that modded honda engines do not end up lasting very long at all. He says that a modded honda engine has the tendacy to stop running after a while. He has told me that if i want to mod a car i should sell it and buy a Chevy (which i don't want to do, i hate american cars). He says this because he says that honda engines are already tuned to the maximun that they can be tuned to. Please help, he just keep making fun of hondas.

The only reason that i ask this is because i would love to see my car beat his 2003 Chevy Malibu Ls with a v6. I really want to mod this car over a little while to mod my car to run faster. Also, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea about what the 0-60 times are for other honda accords with both moded and unmoded engines. Also, thank you all for help on my post, it really can in useful.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

what year and trim package is your accord?
Old 05-19-2004, 08:23 PM
SonY:)AccOrd
GOSU

I hate people like that a lot of people talk crap about accords because they say they are slow and fat.. I have some friends who are like that.. talk sh!t cus I have a Accord
Old 05-19-2004, 08:25 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

Yeah...he's just being incredibly stupid and giving you shit. Honda does squeeze a good bit out of their engines, but think of these things:

1) Hondas aren't standard with intake/headers/exhaust
2) Hondas aren't standard with turbos
3) Hondas aren't standard with light weight rims
4) Hondas aren't standard with a dropped suspension

There's four things that you can do to make your car faster/handle better than your friend's shitty Chevy(funny how those words rhyme...:chuckles: )

Also, the only way your engine will last a shorter amount of time is if yu throw a turbo on, beat the shit out of your stock internals with 20 psi and blow it. Hondas engines were built to be abused. In fact, most stock Honda engines can take around 6 psi from a turbo.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

he kinda lies... your engine is tuned quite well and since its an LX model the engine swap could be fesable but to get your most gains swap to an H22 or get the F22a6 93 EX engine with 8.8:1 compression ratio and build it to 8:1 andslap a turbo and intercooler on the beast... then you will smoke that chevys ass...
Old 05-20-2004, 03:55 AM
twixster

This car is a 1992 Honda Accord LX with 36,000 - 39,000 miles on it. The original auto tyranny and engine is still in the car. This car is completely stock. When ever anything was done to this car, the part came directly from a honda dealer installed by honda people, that is just the way my aunt and uncle take care of there cars.

Also, thank you to the people who have already posted, i hate living in an area where people think of honda as a crap car and american cars and stuff as gold.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:03 AM
miedosoracing

Default Idiots

Just ask him how his car will run at 180,000 miles. I would bet it will be in the junk yard. Hondas will outlast any american made car. Here is the deal. I would turbo it, only putting 5-7 psi to it, also make sure A/F is set right. This will be good enough to smoke his ass, and your car will still run easily into the 100,000 miles mark. The question you need to ask, is why it would break down. Hondas, have strong internals, so if you keep up with the maintence, ie. change oil regularly, keep fluids up etc. You car won't break. Just don't get all happy that you have extra power, and push more psi to the turbo. Then you will blow it up. Keep it low but satisfying, and your car will last you probably past the point you don't want it any more. Good luck