Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust debate!

Old 08-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Speedracerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust debate!

Hey im deciding on a new exhaust for my 2k Honda Accord EX V6. I really want the dual magnaflow exhaust on my car, but is that the best way to go? I was also considering a HKS exhaust. I want an exhaust that is not too loud but makes a good sound. Also how much would a magnaflow exhaust cost compared to a HKS exhaust?

Thanks
Old 08-06-2002, 10:00 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, get the greddy... The guy that owns the Honda dealership here has it on his EX-V6 sedan and it sounds awesome... relatively quiet but still gives a nice deep, throaty sound. The HKS is a total waste of money...they are way over priced.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:53 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

The HKS are very quiet and look good. I'd get them as well as the Comptechs if they were in the price range.

The MX's are too loud for me. They're a medium on the decibel range, but they sound very good i have to admit.

I think that the magnaflows will be about $250 installed for axleback and 350 for catback. The Comptechs are about $600-800? The HKS are around there too I think (not too sure).
Old 08-06-2002, 11:21 PM
oofrost

I have the Greddy MX and I think they are perfect
Old 08-07-2002, 11:04 AM
RKV

guys, have u seen them HKS titanium exhaust, or the one with like the blue/purple tip around the canister which looks like the titanium(both are HKS), man, my friend has it on his RX-7(blue tip), and two of my supra friends have it on their cars(just the silver titanium)... dude, im tellin my girlfriend who just got a Toyota MRS(too bad, dad copped out on the S2000 at the last second, too expensive), to get it on her car. thats such a nice exhaust, not played out like the rest, tho their are some knock off companies making that style now...but i think they only make a muffler for honda's and acura's, so u need to get custom pipping, will make it cheaper then man. TRUST Me... i've seen dual on our 6th generations all the time. i've seen the Tanabe racing medallion, guns are too damn small for our 6th generation big butts, plus the auto makes the noise sound weird, unlike if it was a manual. not deep as other cars... Greddy sounds amAzing, i have a friend, her dual Greddys sound AMAZING, the best... but no offense, the exhuast doesnt look that good, weird canister. now, i have an Apexi RS, like the WS exactly, i've seen them many times, they look the BEST, cuz no one has done that HKS settup that im recommending. two big fat guns, with shiny backing. mmmm.. comptech, i dunno, i dont like their look too much, and i;ve seen the thermal and pseudo, their ok. just take a look man, i will try to get u pics of the exhaust im talkin about.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:24 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

I know what you're talking about on the HKS titanium...it's just umm...DAMN EXPENSIVE. (at least if you wanted it for the specific application if you had one of those supercars. i dont know about the muffler-only price.)

but i know exactly what you're saying.