Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apex'I WS or RS*R Exhaust?

Old 07-27-2002, 09:58 PM
JustOneMore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex'I WS or RS*R Exhaust?

Alright, would really appreciate any experienced suggestions here...I'm looking for something that’s not loud, but would like a low rumble and definitely NO droning hum when I’m on the highway.

Some people say the RS*R is quieter than stock. Is that really true? I mean, I can hardly hear my stock exhaust, and when I do it’s only when I’m pushing the car…so quieter would mean practically silent?

I also prefer how the RS*R hangs on the car, it's more subtle and not as noticeable as the Apex'I...wut do you guys think?

One more thing...hehe...does anyone have either exhaust for sale? I'm in SoCal so I could pick up too. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Bay Accord

Good Luck Finding a authentic RS*R .
Old 07-28-2002, 10:21 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

I have the World Sport... its awesome!! It has a slight low tone to it, but its really not much louder than stock. You cannot even hear the difference in the car, so highway crusing (at any speed) is not harsh on the ears at all. People usually have to actually see that I have an exhaust to believe I have one because its so damn quiet... I LOVE it!! BTW- It did give me a good performance kick too!!
Old 07-28-2002, 11:24 AM
JustOneMore

Hmm...SumAccordGuy94's review of the Apex'I WS is really convincing...do any of you know if the RS*R is really THAT quiet? I get the feeling that the Apex'I has the sound I'm lookin for...but The RS*R, IMO, has better styling...
Old 07-28-2002, 01:03 PM
accord_vti

Apex'I is the quiter of the two, from my experiences, but its a very small difference. The RS-R is just a tad bit louder but it does have a stealthy design. The Apex'I canister is kinda large and can be seen from afar but for $10 @ any service station u can get the hangers bent upwards and that eliminates that problem. I quite like the Apex'I as its barely audible during highway cruising but when u stomp on the gas it utters a low growl. Combine that growl with an intake and its a kick-ass sound combo. Hope that helps
Old 07-28-2002, 02:37 PM
A96

i have an original rs*r exhaust. i actually got the ceramic version cuz that's all the supplier had. anyways, the exhaust is quiet. might be a little to quiet. but if you're in the garage, and start your car for the first time that day, it has a deep sound to it. .

driving on teh road or highway, cant even hear it.

has a very stealthy look to it. you cant even see it at night. the day after i installed it, my friend was tailgating me and didnt even notice my new exhaust.
Old 07-28-2002, 03:42 PM
supasloracer
stock car

where can u get a RSR exhaust
Old 07-28-2002, 04:16 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

lol, i dunno, but this thread answers my question. I was just thinkin about getting an Apexi WS. I put my AEM intake in today and its everything i hoped it would be, but I know it will be a lot better if i have a decent exhaust so I think thats gonna be my next purchase. =)
Old 07-28-2002, 04:33 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

get a cherry bomb muffler w/4"tubing:naughty:
Old 07-28-2002, 04:35 PM
r1ch_b

anyone got a pic of the rs*r exhaust ?

Quick Reply: Apex'I WS or RS*R Exhaust?