Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6th GENS: What 6.5" door aftermarket speakers are you using?

Old 12-13-2003, 07:48 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by AccordCoup94
you might want to think about kick panels if you want good speakers since almost any good component set wont fit into the doors. i bought the ones made by qlogic. they fit the car pretty good and you get alot more room, plus the imaging is better so you actually get to hear more of the music.
I'm not huge on kick panels, I was thinking of setting the tweeters from the seperates in the kick panel area though.
I don't think the Nakamichi CD400 head lets you turn off the internal amp so I planned to run the OE tweets.

I'm going for an OE stealth look plan to hide all my stuff. This is also my no. 1 reason for the Nakamichi head unit, higher end performance-OE look.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:37 PM
5thgenAccordEX
The Italian

Originally posted by clean2draccord
Infinity KAPPA 63.5I - Front
Infinity KAPPA 693.5I - Rear
ditto

I HIGHLY recommend these speakers, i have them running off my deck right now without and amp and they sound awesome, just imagine with an amp!

Originally posted by MrChad
Did you have to cut much for the kappas to fit?
the only cutting i had to do for the kappas was the plastic thing on the back of the stock speaker holder, i just sawed the back or it off and sanded it down, then used one of the mounting brackets that comes with the speakers to fit it on to the stock holder, and voila!
Old 12-18-2003, 04:58 PM
ming

Alpine SPR-176A - Front
Alpine SPR-694A - Rear
Old 12-18-2003, 08:27 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

What is the Board opinion of Polk dB 650 seperates?
These things sound any good for the money?

It appears I'd be able to install these with just an MDF spacer and no cutting needed.

As I may have said before, I would run them from the front channels of a JL Audio 300/4 Amp.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:07 PM
showgunz

Polks are good speakers but not high-end. If MB Quart, Focal, and a/d/s were 8's and 9's out of 10, the Polk speakers would measure around 6 or 7. Good speakers for the money, I guess. I had Polks in my previous car and it had good high's but it lacked mid-range. I'm sure others can help you better if they have it in an Accord.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:37 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally posted by showgunz
Polks are good speakers but not high-end. If MB Quart, Focal, and a/d/s were 8's and 9's out of 10, the Polk speakers would measure around 6 or 7. Good speakers for the money, I guess. I had Polks in my previous car and it had good high's but it lacked mid-range. I'm sure others can help you better if they have it in an Accord.
MB Quarts were my first choice, but I ruled them out do to the odd overall diameter that is just slightly larger then 6.5" and their depth of 2.54" depth is a bit beyond the comfortable depth of my doors. I've heard of focal but I'm unsure of a/d/s?

I liked the shallow 2" depth of the Polks, though I did assume this shallow depth would hinder bass somewhat.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:20 PM
rufridn

Diamond audio hex 6.5 in front with diamond m5 6.5 in rear.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:56 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Well, I may have actually found a speaker able to handle the watts of my JL Audio amp, and fit into my doors without ANY modifications.

www.blaupunktusa.com

I'm looking at getting either the ODx652 or ODc650.
Wierd thing is none of the big Blaupunkt online dealers sell the new OverDrive series speakers.

I might stop in at my local stereo shop and get raped on price just because I love the design of these speakers. They remind me alot of my beloved B&W 602's I have in my living room.

I think Blaupunkt gets a bad rap, but alot of their high end stuff seems very nice and functional to me.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:14 PM
odiepsock
Bad driver

Default Mb Quart

Get MB quart premium series component set NOTHING BEATS THEM! BEST SOUNDING SPEAKERS I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! i believe the model nmber for them is pce-216 ? Im pretty sure thats correct. RUnning with alpine amp v12 and is sounds INCREDIBLE! will dent your wallet! I also have mb quart subs. they are awesome too
Old 12-27-2004, 06:38 PM
A_D
Reset?

adire kodas are the best speaker listed so far in this thread, by a long shot.

i'm running some infinity reference 6.5s right now, the highs are alright. mids aren't cutting it
i've got some elemental design eDi 6500 components on the way though
so midbass and imaging will no longer be an issue