Notices

94-97 accord J's racing lip?

Old 12-08-2003, 07:35 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by AKUFC
PIAA foglights aren't cheap either, they are overpriced crap if you ask me, I wish I would have spent my money elsewhere, since the number of times you need foglights is low, there is no point, if you don't like JDM than good for you, people like getting it, and some people don't, so grab a cookie and stop complaining how people spend there money.
I don't remember giving you permission to talk:nono:

Excuse me for having an opinion, im not complaining about how you guys spend ur money, just showing how overpriced "jdm" is.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:54 PM
93accordEX

and hes just showing you how overpriced piaa is. sure you can always get non-quality parts cheaper, like a $40 set of fogs, just like you can get cheap bumper covers and whatnot. get the price of a bumper and bumper lights and fog lights from honda, basically it would come out to getting the lip free if you wanted to replace those parts with oem honda parts.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:01 PM
BlueFang08
Still F22 Powered

I think its a good deal. I could care less if its "JDM" to tell you the truth. J's racing is damn good stuff they put a lot of time into their products so its not a cheap lip. As for the bumper fogs and turn signals I could really care less, I really just want the lip. But again if you add how much the bumper is, fogs, and everything else it would come out to be much more than $400. Yeah its "JDM" bling but more importantly its high quality stuff.

And the lip goes for $430 online and thats if you can find it.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:11 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
Looks like a Mugen civic style lip to me

I'm getting one for $59
yea it does.

$59 is a great price for that lip too.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:18 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 93accordEX
and hes just showing you how overpriced piaa is. sure you can always get non-quality parts cheaper, like a $40 set of fogs, just like you can get cheap bumper covers and whatnot. get the price of a bumper and bumper lights and fog lights from honda, basically it would come out to getting the lip free if you wanted to replace those parts with oem honda parts.
How did he show me how overpriced PIAA is, I don't recall him showing or telling about an equal product for less than half the price. So it's his opinion on PIAA. Not that I disagree w/him.

I get OEM body parts all day for cheap. When I got in my accident, I got my hood for $65, fender for $25, radiator support for $25 and front bumper cover for $60. OEM fogs are a waste of money to me cause not often are they needed so I can't justify the cost.

Originally posted by BlueFang08
I think its a good deal. I could care less if its "JDM" to tell you the truth. J's racing is damn good stuff they put a lot of time into their products so its not a cheap lip. As for the bumper fogs and turn signals I could really care less, I really just want the lip. But again if you add how much the bumper is, fogs, and everything else it would come out to be much more than $400. Yeah its "JDM" bling but more importantly its high quality stuff.

And the lip goes for $430 online and thats if you can find it.
What difference is there between the J's lip and a Mugen civic style lip?
Old 12-08-2003, 09:25 PM
BlueFang08
Still F22 Powered

Well you also have to realize not all of use have hookups.

And the "Mugen" Civic style lip is a POS. From all i have read it never fits perfect, people have to re-dill holes. Its just made cheap. Also I know a number of people that have had them and have cracked them.

And the J's racing lip is made out of urethane. Not abs. And its made to fit the CD accord perfectly not have to worry about re-drilling holes or it being to long or short like you have to with the "mugen" lip.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:56 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by BlueFang08
Well you also have to realize not all of use have hookups.

And the "Mugen" Civic style lip is a POS. From all i have read it never fits perfect, people have to re-dill holes. Its just made cheap. Also I know a number of people that have had them and have cracked them.

And the J's racing lip is made out of urethane. Not abs. And its made to fit the CD accord perfectly not have to worry about re-drilling holes or it being to long or short like you have to with the "mugen" lip.
I don't care what you guys do w/your money, doesn't affect me a bit. It's just my opinion that all this "jdm" crap is way overpriced. I mean, why spend $300-$400 on some "jdm" headlights when you can open up ur oem's, paint em black and add some blackhousing corner lenses and it's the same damn thing, all for the cost of the corners, spray paint and a couple hours of your time? Why spend $300 on a Mugen flush mount wing when you can get a WW replica for half that price? I just don't get it.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:34 PM
BlueFang08
Still F22 Powered

Well mugen puts R&D into their products and they acutaly do stuff for your areo dynamics, some more than others. And i do think wings west is a good company. But all i am saying is that stuff like the "mugen" lip isn't.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:37 AM
nevets
WAAAGH!!

:blah:

newsflash: JDM parts are overpriced :shocked::eek3:

:gives: