Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash light is out, pobs with stereo

Old 11-30-2003, 10:18 PM
taime555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash light is out, pobs with stereo

Hello,

I was installing a car stereo in my fiance's car! I have installed car stereo's many times but this time it has become tricky.

When I connected all the main wires (GRND, POW IGN, POW MEM) the damn thing would not turn on? Any ideas???
When I put together POW IGN and POW MEM then of course there is power to the stereo and it does work. But of course all settings are lost at shutdown of the car. Could this be a fuse problem, and if so which fuse?? (I am thinking about the memory power.) Tomorrow I will try to put a voltmeter on the sucker to see if there is life at all in the damn thing!

I guess I really blew it this time, because suddenly the dashboard light is out. Could this be because of the "Small Light" fuse??

Any help guys?
Old 11-30-2003, 11:34 PM
x3r0

First of all.. what year accord is this?
Second... I had this same problem when I installed a new car stereo in my 1986 Honda Accord LX.
The solution was simple.. theres a switch for the stereo antena near the parking break, the antena is actualy manual I suppose, but you should not connect the blue wire on the stereo to the blue wire on the honda wire harness or you will blow a fuse. When the fuse blows you'l lose multple lights, all kinds of things won't work.
Again just do not connect the automatic antenna wire on your stereo to your honda wire harness or you will blow a fuse (I dont know if this is any other car then the 86 Accord, but it was a simple problem to fix. I cant honestly remember which fuse it was, but its under the dash under teh steering wheel towards the left. Just go through them one by one till u find the blown one and replace it.. and dont start the stereo in any way until you disconnecte the blue wire :-)
Old 11-30-2003, 11:35 PM
x3r0

definitly sounds like the exact problem I had.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
taime555

Hi x3r0
I think it is Honda Accord '97 LX, how ever I am not too sure!!!
I did not connect the blue atenna wire at all, but of course I could have shorted it to something!
Anywaz, I will try again today and see if I can figure it out! I guess it should be pretty easy to identify the fuse which is blown!!

Thanks for the help so far!!

/Taime
Old 12-01-2003, 10:14 PM
x3r0

Just try only connecting nessecary wires... the RED, YELLOW, BLACK, & set the time and see if it turns on displays the right time every time the key is turned or whatever... thats wher I would start, :-) goodluck.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:45 AM
chillin95accord
Ice Teal YA3

i had a similar problem with my car ........ i blew out a fuse that goes inside the hood .......check all ur fuses ..........anywayz goodluck.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:53 PM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

While I can't help you with hooking up the stereo, I might have one possible answer to your cluster light problem. I have a 99, so I don't know how similar the electronic componentry is, but take a look at this thread: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=44363

I started the above thread with a similar problem and kind of detailed things as the problem was solved.

Cliff notes: Check fuses, dimmer switch, multiplexor