Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light on-O2 sensor

Old 11-21-2003, 03:50 PM
momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light on-O2 sensor

Hey guys, my 97' Accord's check engine light came on last friday and I just came back from my local autozone. They told me my o2 censor needs to get replace and that's why my CEL came on. But the problem is, I know it's going to be cost and I don't have the money now, do I need to worry my engine break down while I am driving or anything bad? Thanks.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:51 PM
carta79
Life after death

I never heard of a faulty sensor leading to an engine breakdown. You should replace it asap because it's important to your vehicles fuel economy and emissions. What exactly was the code Autozone pulled, code 1?

http://www.partsamerica.com has quite a few sensors.

Or try checking the FS forum.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:04 PM
momo

Originally posted by carta79
I never heard of a faulty sensor leading to an engine breakdown. You should replace it asap because it's important to your vehicles fuel economy and emissions. What exactly was the code Autozone pulled, code 1?

http://www.partsamerica.com has quite a few sensors.

Or try checking the FS forum.
Thanks for your reply, actually, the guy who checked for me did not give me a code, he just mentioned something is wrong with my sensor. Anyway, I will go back there and ask him the code tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:39 PM
carta79
Life after death

Originally posted by momo
Thanks for your reply, actually, the guy who checked for me did not give me a code, he just mentioned something is wrong with my sensor. Anyway, I will go back there and ask him the code tomorrow.
For future reference the connector is behind the ashtray, you could jump it with a paper clip and count the number of flashes. Flashes are divided into long a short blinks, which is the MIL code.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:00 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

I got a CEL for my 96 Accord after doing my 70K timing belt and major maintenance. I ordered two Denso O2 sensors from www.oxygensensors.com . I was running lean.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:55 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i now if u not getting that fix quick u need to take it easy n the road i was told the catalyst converted /correct me if i am wrong/ will get fck then thats more money, get the o2 from autozone dont dare to go to the dealer or buy at the shop.