Old 07-01-2003, 03:39 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help a newbie decide if GSR is right for him

1.) Im looking for a 94-95 GSR. all are 5 speed, so thats good. Im looking for the coupe, and it will preferrably have 80,000- 120,000 miles on it. Will 7-9K get me a GSR in that range?
$9K will get you a decently low-mileaged 94-95 GSR for sure! Just keep shopping around

2.) Just exactly how reliable are Acura's cars? Ive heard that since they are Honda's luxury line, they hardly ever go bad. since February of this year when i bought my 300zx, i've dropped over 4000 in repairs into the car...should i expect the same for the GSR? I hope not.
Well, my 94 LS has 153K on it. The ONLY mechanical failure I've had was the clutch @ 114K miles :exnbp: And trust me, I'm not babying this thing either!

3.) Any major problems i should look for? How long does the b16a motor go for anyways? have people used them till they broke? how many miles is that?
There aren't any major problems I know of to look for. Just make sure the timing belt and water pump have been replaced if necessary (90K miles). The Honda radiator has a tendency to crack on the top - a cheap metal radiator is a great fix.

Im just concerned about reliability and gas mileage. I want a quick daily driver, and maybe something that will pull mid to high 14's with some bolt-ons
GSR's get great gas mileage for a 170hp motor! ~27mpg! Some GSR drivers I know can get 32mph - I don't know how they do it.

The correct bolt-ons when used in a system (ie intake/header/cat/exhaust) would yield some good power output. I'm not promising 14's but I know several GSR owners who hit 14.9 with just intake and exhaust!

Good luck! And I hope you join our Integra family. Stop by www.team-integra.net to find more specific background, information, articles, etc.

-Lawrence