View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 09:47 PM
SpeCKDriFt96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my own install also
( KYB GR2 and cheapo freebee coilovers i got from my cousin which i think are R1)
and used my OEM Top assemblies( meaning the top cap with the three strut bolts), bumpstops, bushings, and bump stop washer. i didnt even put the dust cap back over it but i think i should.
Like jschmid said. loosen lugs and jack up the car. loosen the three strut tower bolts on each assembly under the hood and behind the rear seats. then go under the fender and loosen the bolts connected to the dampener fork and remove then from the shock. next remove the brake hose connectors fro mthe shock. the shock should now be loose enough to shimmy out with come finessssss. If u have a OEM spring, use a spring compressor to squeeze the srpring inorder to remove the bolt on top of the bushing. once that bolt is out, u can remove the top cap, bushings, bump stops, dust caps and springs. if u are using lowering springs, cut the bump stops in half and push them into the tokico shocks. do the same to the dust caps but dont install em until after the bump stop washer. next comes the spring then the top cap assemblies. tighten down the top bolt, and reinstall the whole assembly which is opposite the removal. the whole thing should take about 3-4 hours if ure doing it alone.