View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 04:20 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fujiwara takumi
if you wanted to get extreme, couldnt you drop the gas tank and wrap the top with dynamat? id assume with the access panel being on top of the rear seat deck like it is the gas tank is probably really cosey with the bottom of the car. doesnt the gas tank also let the exhaust wrap around it?

i might turn the car on and see if i could track the rattles for sure with her on jackstands...run your hand along place and see if you can apply enough pressure to stop the rattle dynamat is expensive so this way you can be conservative h:

please add comments.
I think im gonna do that, put dynamat on top of the gas tank, at least it will lessen the amount of vibration, hopefully lower that damn rattling a bit. I don't mind a little, but when the rattling is as loud as the music, that's bad.

That's what I did to trace to problem to the gas tank, had it on and went to the back and listened for where the noise was coming from. The first thing was my license plate frame, a little bit of silly putty (no joke) took care of that. Hopefully I'll find a resolution for the gas tank issue soon.