Notices

High Output Engine into Civic... which one?

Old 09-07-2003, 05:34 PM
mishima_beef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Output Engine into Civic... which one?

im considering h22 in my civic simply because its a bit cheaper, faster, and will be a faster engine when built up?
i hear there are handling problems but from another source www.torontostreetracing.com.. i was told that if u lower the car there will be no handling problems... can someone clear this up please?

also any comparisons to the type r or gs-r would be helpful as they are still candidates for my swap but if the h22 is faster and more efficient then i might as well go with it.. not to mention the price

Chris
:thumbup:
Old 09-07-2003, 05:41 PM
alllooksnnogo
Just another import lover

I believe that you will have a little bit of under steer. There is another thread down at the bottom of the page man that I commented in. I think you should take a gander dude. Its a hard swap man and basically after everything is all said and done, all the parts being considered for the swap you could almost pay for a Type R which will bolt up alot esier then this engine man.

Consider this:

JDM Type R
210hp
134tq
6500-7000 cdn for swap

H22
200hp
161tq
6500 cdn after everything is bought

also alot of down time for the swap man.

IMO
Old 09-07-2003, 05:43 PM
mishima_beef

the torque tho..
THE TORQUE!!!

yeah i am just readin an article on my freshly bought new honda tuning mag.. and i realize the shifter poses a problem.. as the h22 uses a cable.. and they had to do some custom bs cutting or somethin and it seems like it aint as easy as puttin in a b series..

put the power
Old 09-07-2003, 05:49 PM
alllooksnnogo

You can get an LSD tranny man but please read my other post down bottom man. There are clearance with regard to the clutch plate and the fan in your civy is too thick so you need another out of a Delsolio or a FAL. My friend did this swap in a hatch man and it honestly cost 6500 to but the fin thing in. He also needed a hondata to regulate as well. I think if your going to spend the money get a Type R man. I know the way your thinking. It looks appealing price wise. As in the comparison between the 2 prices off the bat the H22 looks to be the choice but holy mutha fuka it wont be a fun swap.

That was my first choice as well. I was going to go with an H22 head on top of an H23 block. 2.3L That is until I found out how hard and costly it would be
Old 09-07-2003, 05:50 PM
alllooksnnogo

It is the mother of all honda engines for torque though...hehe! Agreed
Old 09-07-2003, 05:58 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by alllooksnnogo

also alot of down time for the swap man.

IMO
the best shops in LA can do an b-series swap into a civic in 90min from draining to the coolant to starting up the motor. a decent shop should have a 2 day turnaround if they have all the parts. i had the old motor out, and new one in about 3 hours. if i had all the parts, i would have had it started in a few days.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:00 PM
alllooksnnogo

No no I'm refering to the H22 only. I know the B-series bolts up with minor modification