Notices

K Series

Old 07-21-2003, 01:31 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K Series

Hey guys, was wondering a few things about the K series engines compared to the H.

Weight wise, which is heavier, the H right? If anyone could give aproximate weights for the both of them, itd be handy

Do they give the same amount of torque? Comparing the two which has a better torque-hp to weight ratio?

Can the K20 use a turbo yet? Has anyone really developed turbos or forced induction kits for it yet?

How hard is it to find a USDM k20 compared to a USDM H22?

Which has higher lower-end RPM?

Thanks guys

^_^ Sam
Old 07-21-2003, 01:33 AM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Are you thinking about putting a k20 in your car? Have fun paying for that. Also there is turbo kits out for the k20. Rev hard and drag have kits i think.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:42 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

It is fun, when your not paying =D

Sam

p.s. and yeah I am =D
Old 07-21-2003, 06:26 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

I don't think they are any heavier than say a B16A and yes there are turbo kits available. I installed a cybernations turbo kit on my cousins RSX base. It was not a great kit considering how much he paid for it. At the time it was the only kit available as rev hard, HKS, and Greddy all delayed their release dates. The kit uses a Turbonetics T3, delta wastegate, spearco intercooler, greddy type-S BOV, S-AFC, custom manifold, inline pump, 550cc seimens injectors, and piggy back computer. it also comes with several guages, all the wires, piping, fuel lines, etc. etc. The manifold cracked after a month or two and the down pipe was poorly designed. But hea was able to get a custommanifold made which is awesome and he had the whole down pipe redone. The bitch with these motors is the returnless fuel system. But, he paid like almost $6,000.00 for the whole set-up. oh, and it came with zero install instructions. the only instruction included were for the piggy back system and of course the manufacturer instructions for the guages, S-AFC no ECU pinout though , etc. Fitment was big issue, we had to cut the frame in some places and the steering system is way too close to the turbo. better install instructions would have been very helpful. But that's what you get when you buy from a small company. I told him to wait but he insisted. But now his cr is fast a shit and looks great to boot. It's all about fine tuning the set-up.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:44 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Thanks for the help ^_^

Sam