Notices

time slips....

Old 07-10-2003, 09:06 AM
fish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by crucial Si-T
you obviously cant read...
Yes I can read, I just hear alot of excuses.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:08 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by fish
Yes I can read, I just hear alot of excuses.

no clutch = no power = slow. end of story.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:13 AM
fish

no clutch = no power = slow. end of story.
I don't want to hear it, if your clutch is gone, why did you risk driving it 2 hours and to run it at the track? How would you have gotten back if the clutch went bad? My roommate ran with a bad clutch at the track, it was damn near dead after he left. He still managed to run a 15.2 @90 something, 2 weeks later, new clutch new time 15.0 @ 91 something. Yes a clutch is a problem, but not as signifcant as you make it out to be. Even if you did switch your clutch out there's no way you'll hit 14 flat with your setup. I dislike peope who run their vehicles at the track and then make a long list of excuses as to why they ran so poorly.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:25 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we all know crucial can drive. We can tell that by his old times. I agree that drag racing on a dying clutch isn't the wisest move, but I'll keep my mouth shut till he gets a new clutch and IC. With times like that, you gotta wonder if something is off in the tuning department though.

Hey crucial, I have a Saab SMIC with a fan for cheap! :naughty:
Old 07-10-2003, 09:46 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

also against a 7th gen coupe on spray, ran a 14.8@98mph
maybe you should have gotten juice instead of turboh:
Old 07-10-2003, 09:53 AM
fish

Originally posted by white_n_slow
[B]we all know crucial can drive.
i was just wondering if he can really drive where is the consistancy in his times between the four runs there is a four second differnce from best to worst and roughly 1 sec between each slip now i know it is possible to have a difference in times i mean hell everyone has missed atleast one gear in there life. but i dont buy it for one bit that it happened 3 of the 4 times nor can you blame inconsistancy on a clutch
Old 07-10-2003, 10:05 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by fish
i was just wondering if he can really drive where is the consistancy in his times between the four runs there is a four second differnce from best to worst and roughly 1 sec between each slip now i know it is possible to have a difference in times i mean hell everyone has missed atleast one gear in there life. but i dont buy it for one bit that it happened 3 of the 4 times nor can you blame inconsistancy on a clutch
no i cant drive

they 18.xx is when my second gear wouldnt go in. so i went 1, missed second, to 3, downshifted into second and then back to third.

the first run the car was heat soaked from the ride up..only had about 20 minutes to cool off, then i ran.

sure you can blame inconsistancy on the clutch, if i cant WOT the car, what do i do? go at 80% ass.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Ferio Man

hes gay....crucial, get ur ass outta debt and get a damn clutch and show us some real times h:
Old 07-10-2003, 10:12 AM
crucial Si
Banned

im also running crappy tires, but i dont complain about that..they are venturas or some shit...
Old 07-10-2003, 10:15 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Ferio Man
hes gay....crucial, get ur ass outta debt and get a damn clutch and show us some real times h:
i know he is an ass, he is trying to make himself feel better for all the money he put in his gay ass b16 "all motor" setup

i will do so, the tranny is going to cost me more than i though, the guy already wants $70 to look at my other tranny just to see what is wrong with it, if he works on it, labor is $150, so the $70 is included in labor, if anything needs to be replaced, it will be atleast $200 and up to $500 for syncro sets and forks and w.e else needs to be replaced. i hope none needs to be replace, i need to call him up and ask. so i will loose $70 but i will know nothing is wrong. then i can work on the clutch/axles.