Notices

p0141 heater circuit bypass possible? 96 civic with a gsr swap

Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 AM
cruzalekz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0141 heater circuit bypass possible? 96 civic with a gsr swap

i got a 96 civic with a gsr swap in it and it has the above code. secondary o2 heater circuit. the pcm is a p72 gsr while the connectors/pcm wires are from the 96 civic.

heres what i did and still didnt work. My question here is did i did this right or is there a more simple way to bypass this. just need to fix it so i can sell it.

i went directly to the pcm and hooked up my 2 heater wires(same color from new o2 sensor) to pin A5 and the other to a 12v source.
signal wire to pin d14 and ground to pin d13.

still throwing a code. hopefully i just did something wrong and dont need to buy a pcm.

what you think, any tricks? help hellp help
Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM
cruzalekz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nevermind figured it out. my wiring connections are correct. the oem heater circuit spec is 15 ohms-------the bosch universal heaater circuit is only 5 ohms thats why hondas does not like bosch because its not within oem spec. and cannot turn off the check eninge light---
i tried a 20 ohm resistor and guess what, it burned it.

i tried a 10 ohm 10watt resistor (ceramic enclosed type) and it worked---- cel gone, but i dont need it for now so i took it off, (just need it for smog) lol

so, anyway problem solve. nice trick huh! resistor only 2 bucks at radio shack---- o2 sensor----maybe 200 bucks,--- bosch dont work so dont buy it--- cost 100 bucks.

Last edited by cruzalekz; 03-12-2011 at 12:34 PM.