Notices

Need Opinions

Old 04-30-2003, 09:06 AM
sierrafun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions

Looking into buying a used Civic. since I have never owned one before would like to know if this is a good car, and that this year and engine have a good choice of aftermarket upgrades?

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...or=&cardist=22
Old 04-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Tirod

looks like a clean car.. and yes there is plenty of aftermarket available, your best bet on the engine is a swap (imo) which is also readily available
Old 04-30-2003, 09:35 AM
sierrafun

Well I have a Jeep that takes up much of my budget and time, and a motorcycle, that I am also toying with, so I was not wanting to look for an engine swap, just wanting to build the motor it comes with up as much as possible...
Old 04-30-2003, 09:46 AM
wushu_civic

it would be better if you could do an engine swap but if you want to keep the stock D16 you can work with it. you just won't get as impressive numbers unless you put a lot of money into it. then again if you are just looking for a little extra power it can be done.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:59 AM
sierrafun

I just noticed that it said this one was imported from Canada, is that something that is better, or worse? Should I look for an American model?
Old 04-30-2003, 10:28 AM
wushu_civic

the canadian SI is the same as the american EX for the 92-95 coupes and sedans. i think there shouldn't be any major problems that you would have to deal with. then again i'm not sure about all of the differences. i know that there would be daytime running lights but i don't know the details on any other differences between the two.