Notices

catalytic converter....

Old 04-09-2003, 12:03 AM
lilbastrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catalytic converter....

hey guys, just wondering if the 92-95 civic catalytic converter would bolt right on to the stock header of a 97 gsr motor. and also does the civic catalytic converter have a o2 sensor on it????
Thanks in advance
Old 04-09-2003, 02:55 AM
95EXSedan

Mine doesn't.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:39 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

just buy a high-flow carsound cat from mufflertech.com, great ppl, great prices, I got mine for like 70 bucks, with an o2 boss/bung.

-PHiZ
Old 04-20-2003, 08:30 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: catalytic converter....

Originally posted by lilbastrd
hey guys, just wondering if the 92-95 civic catalytic converter would bolt right on to the stock header of a 97 gsr motor. and also does the civic catalytic converter have a o2 sensor on it????
Thanks in advance
yes it will, and no it doesn't.

The only problem is that the flange is at a different degree on the GSR header so your cat will be rotated. Also, the GSR header is shorter than the civic one because the GSR has a longer cat. You will have to get your exhaust lengthened to meet up with the cat and have it rotated to the flanges mate properly again.

I have not yet found a header that will work on a GSR swap and still use the stock civic cat and exhaust without modification. The B16A header won't work because it's not tall enough to wrap around the block, and the LS header is too short and the flange is rotated...

HIH