Notices

00 Civic HB wont shift

Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Civic HB wont shift

The car is a 00 Civic hatchback. I was having intermittent problems shifting for a few weeks now and didn't really get a chance to take a look t it. Yesterday the car decided it wouldn't go into gear at all. Luckily I was at work so I was stuck anywhere. I went down to autozone and bought fluid to do a flush, and that didn't help. Next I changed out the slave cylinder and still nothing after bleeding the system again. I changed out the master as well, figuring it could be that. Re-bled the system again and still nothing. I notice that the car would go in gear while it is turned off but not while started. And I also noticed that the shift fork that goes to the slave cylinder and the transmission is only moving about 1/2 inch.

Any ideas on what the problem could be or how to fix it?

Last edited by Omie; 04-24-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

i got it home last night by rev matching it, and turning the car off at red lights, so now i'm thinking either the throw out bearing or a flywheel bolt backed it self out.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 AM
shawn.demaria

Default help

hey man u need a new clutch the fingers on the pressure plate are most likely bent or broken or a spring has came out of the presure plate not a very big job but may need to ppl to get the trany set back in depending on the tools u have and the know how but like i said i would about bet anything that this is ur problem!!!also what is all donr to ur hatch and what color lol im looking for a black and very clean 99-00 hatch with some exterior mods and i have a 96 gsr turboed hatch i would be willing to trade for one so if u find one pm me thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

believe it or not one of the bolts for the clutch pedal was missing. the one that is all the way up on top where it connects to the body was missing so after time the pedal just shifted. I put a bolt in there and the problem went away. The hatch was an automatic and I converted it to manual, built up a d series motor and threw it into the car. Nothing special, just a little bit more than what I had