Notices

problem with rack and pinion

Old 04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
93 ITR
Grease Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with rack and pinion

Hey everyone, well i just change my rack and pinion (power steering) on my 97 civic and also did my alignment.

The problem that im having is the steering wheel wont stay in place. when i turn it to the left the steering wheel is of to the left and when i turn to the right it of to the right.

when i was getting my alignment done everything was good steering was straight but when i test drove it thats when i started to notice the problem, But this never happen when i test drove the car after i but the rack in i didnt have any problems the only thing that was off was the steering wheel.

and yes i line everything up inner/outter tie rods and steering wheel

can anyone tell me whats going on?
Old 04-10-2010, 07:14 PM
kevlarr33

Default Och I dont know!

I wish I can Help you bro, I just took mine apart But now I cant get the rack out !! Acura cl 99 3.0 If you know anything let me thanks.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Shameinator

You need to give us more detail than that. What does its off to the right mean?

Does the car pull or is it just the steering wheel?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM
kevlarr33

Default Took out m rack and pinion finally!!

So after reading and being stubborn I finally took out the catalytic converter to pull out the rack like the book says, but there was this little piece welded on the frame to hold a rubber clamp to hold exhaust that was in my way "acura screw up! So like the sheet metal worker I am I cut with the sawz all ,lol yes and it came right out :loco: Just in case someone out there try replacing their rack and pinon I will post pic and a you tube video..:bowrofl: Now I'm stuck on the knuckle inside below the steering column!