Notices

Mini-me build help

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 AM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mini-me build help

Hey all. I've decided that I wanted to get a little more power out of my D16, so I'm piecing together a Y7-Y8 swap. I got the intake mani, and throttle body off a guy for $30, and I'll be buying the head, ECU, etc as soon as I can find them for a decent price.
So here's my question: Hows the reliability of a mini-me swap? I've already got 200,000 on the motor, and I would like to get as much as possible out of it. I change the oil every 2,500, and I don't drive it too hard, so I figure this little motor will continue to serve me well for years to come. But will a mini-me lower the life of my motor?
Thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themonsteraria
Hey all. I've decided that I wanted to get a little more power out of my D16, so I'm piecing together a Y7-Y8 swap. I got the intake mani, and throttle body off a guy for $30, and I'll be buying the head, ECU, etc as soon as I can find them for a decent price.
So here's my question: Hows the reliability of a mini-me swap? I've already got 200,000 on the motor, and I would like to get as much as possible out of it. I change the oil every 2,500, and I don't drive it too hard, so I figure this little motor will continue to serve me well for years to come. But will a mini-me lower the life of my motor?
Thanks.
in all honesty, with how cheap entire longblocks are, mini-me seems a bit pointless.