Notices

Buying a civic with front end damage, LOTS of PICTURES - help please...

Old 03-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Tr0LL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a civic with front end damage, LOTS of PICTURES - help please...

I found a civic for a nice low price. It's been in an accident before tho. Clean title though. Doesn't seem that bad. It's drivable and has a good alignment (at least my preliminary test drive had it driving and braking straight). I didn't get to look at it much. It has a b16a in it already.

I'm gonna take a 2nd look today. I'm gonna do a compression test and check the spark plugs. Anything else I should do engine wise?

As for the body, here are the pix... Help me judge the damage...

\

Hopefully he lets me bring it to a body shop for an estimate on repairs. Basically I think it's a pretty good deal AND I plan on getting a full body kit and a full paint job almost right away anyway so as long as the damage isn't too bad I don't mind.

I need your help though. Just by looking at these pictures can anyone tell how much it might cost to straighten? Basically just the lights and the hood don't line up properly. Looks like damage to the radiator support (maybe a new one was welded on or something but not the rest of the frame (surrounding engine bay area)...
Old 03-01-2003, 03:36 AM
95EXSedan

Well, by the pics it's easy to say "doesn't look too bad", HOWEVER, on your next test drive, take it to a body shop and let them look at it. That way you'll know roughly what it will cost when you get your paint done.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:30 AM
loodboi
هونده بريلود

not that bad, how much are you getting it for?
Old 03-01-2003, 06:40 AM
crucial Si
Banned

all it needs is the front end pulled for about an hour or so..shouldnt cost more than $200.

btw, what rims are those?
Old 03-01-2003, 07:47 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

if he had to put a new radiator support on. it must of been hit hard.

i'd never buy a car taht had major front end pieces replaced. it never fits the same, and you'll find little inperfections that just can't be fixed (unless you spend a lot of $$$). i'd pass on it, and buy one that's in better shape. my friend has a red dx hatch (92) with a 96 gsr swap if you are intersted.

in the va/nc area. PM or IM me.
-----
Old 03-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Jdm Junkee

sup,
those are rota c-8's. there about 430 without tires usually there prettie good rims just uglie color. peace
Old 03-02-2003, 03:22 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Default Re: Buying a civic with front end damage, LOTS of PICTURES - help please...

Originally posted by Tr0LL

did anyone else notice that its missing a mount there?
looks like someone else's junk. dont go the cheap route. find a nice body and get a motor from a reputable shop. its not agood idea to take shortcuts. u might save a few bucks, but you'll save alot of headaches if you do it *right*.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:04 PM
SpeX

Really it all depends on the price. Its kinda a cheap a$$ job by someone that did it without knowing what they were doin. It looks like to me, it needs some new hood hinges and probably new headlights & corners if the tabs are busted. If not maybe just a little bit of tweaking on the core support where the headlights mount. A civic has a really lite core support you can bend one back into shape by hand pretty easily (I've done it).

If your looking at saving a couple of hundered bucks going this way. FORGET IT! Seriously this is a $1100-1500 car Max, but if you wanna learn a little about body work and working on cars, this is a good starting out project.

I would get the motor mount taken care of 1st off.