Notices

Big HID Question for my del sol

Old 10-25-2009, 02:17 AM
uncleoms2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be cautious, that pic with the cavalier is soooooooooooooooooooooooo photoshopped. I was separating the layers in my head.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
ohdav3y
del slow

Default help?

Wow, i didnt realize how much of people really are haters on hi-dizzles until i read this, I live in a small town in north dakota so im kinda outa the loop
anyways,the responses havent really helped out your problem so i figured id help.
i hope you guys dont mind the input.
1.the current bulb in your headlights is a h4 bulb it will look like this

as for what your looking for im not really sure if you have actually seen a del sol with hids so im guna throw out up these pics to try and help also
2.this is a view from the front of a del sol with 12,000k in stock headlights with amber corners

3.this is my backyard and what hids look like from the drivers view(if only i could find a manual tranny gauge cluster)

4.heres the headlight up close i think they look good but i still want 1 piece headlights

5.heres a pic to show you how sharp the cutoff lines are from the beam of light ,for stock its not too bad

6.and the last pic, overall i think hids are sick and i hope these are a little more helpful than the posts before mine..lmfao

please pay no attention to the dirtyness of the car. It rained and stuff the other day and North Dakota weather is garbage anyways.
Also, if you do plan on getting hids please buy a relay harness, its really easy to put in and trust me, with it you wont have to worry about flicker, one headlight turning on instead of 2,And it protects your stock wiring ,wich is always a win.
If you need help on installing them just message here and i can help.cause the driver ballast is a bitch in my opinion
Old 10-30-2009, 04:16 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

the above picture is a perfect example on what NOT to do. That is why you dont just slap HIDs ( cheap ones) in to a headlight housing that was never ment for HIDs. You get HORRIBLE glare, and you blind other people on the road. When you get HIDs please dont get over 6k, Anything above that it is just annoying blue and you loose the visiable light. Just remember the more Blue the less light that gets put out. Stock HIDs are 4300K which has alot of yellow in it, 5000K has a slight shady of yellow and is more white, and 6000k has just about pure white.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 AM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, that's why you don't get HIDs without projectors: they throw light everywhere, temporarily blinding oncoming drivers. :angry: ohdav3y, don't you see how it's not a focused light? You may be able to see some type of cutoff, which I don't see, but it's a fact that non-projector headlamps with HIDs DON'T focus light properly.

The pic you see here is what HIDs should look like, with a proper cutoff.
Thanks lukekailburn for the pic off your DIY.

Now look at the pic posted, tell me if you see a difference.

I hate to say this, but I feel I need to: OH SNAP!

Last edited by themonsteraria; 10-30-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:42 PM
ohdav3y
del slow

Default lol

well i figured people would hate, but to be honest where i live i constantly drive on highways in between smaller towns and the light these produce is very very helpful to see deer, and trust me i see alot of them...i mean it might temporarily blind oncoming drivers, but whats the difference when people have there hid trucks right behind me and its blinding me from all 3 of my mirrors?.....not to mention when im driving i see probably somewhere close to 1 in 15 cars with hids on incoming traffic that have both there hids and hid fogs that are on.... probably siliconed in.... not to mention the people who have there yellow fogs on in non foggy weather with there hids lol...
I mean the way i see it . if your getting blinded all the time, just get hids and blind them back... lmfao sorta the eye for an eye thing....
also ive had these for a while and havent gotten pulled over or anything so im pretty sure nobody cares that much

i do agree now that ive seen those 2 photos that mine doesnt have a "beam" cut off, but still mine are very helpful and i duno dude..its kinda hard to find projecters for del sols, i mean without some sort of retro fit and alot of work. this is a nice light upgrade though.

Last edited by ohdav3y; 10-30-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Ha ha. OK. You and I just feel differently on the subject. I feel like blinding people just because they're blinding you is stupid, and I think that doing something halfway, like putting HIDs into non-projector headlamps is pointless. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Redline96LX

Please do more research!

For one, HID implants are illegal.

You are putting a bulb with a hot salt (a point of light) into a structure designed for a filament (line of light). This does scatter the light, bu also HIDs are not just a bulb, they require a small computer called a ballast. This uses the 55W of power from the car and alters it into the needed 'signal' for the HID. HIDs do not use regular DC current, they need a wave. So just bulbs cannot for for a car without HIDs, and if you are getting a kit for under 100$, its either used, stolen, or such a cheap quality, that you really want to read the instructions very carefully.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Originally Posted by Redline96LX
Please do more research!

For one, HID implants are illegal.

You are putting a bulb with a hot salt (a point of light) into a structure designed for a filament (line of light). This does scatter the light, bu also HIDs are not just a bulb, they require a small computer called a ballast. This uses the 55W of power from the car and alters it into the needed 'signal' for the HID. HIDs do not use regular DC current, they need a wave. So just bulbs cannot for for a car without HIDs, and if you are getting a kit for under 100$, its either used, stolen, or such a cheap quality, that you really want to read the instructions very carefully.
Not sure who you're talking to here....

And, by the way, HIDs "implants" aren't illegal in all states. So, it may be a good idea to do some research yourself.

I think everyone knows what a ballast is, and how HIDs work. Thanks for the education though.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
tzh

Too bright , I naver like HID like this.