Notices

Del Sol saved my life with its quick handling!

Old 01-26-2003, 06:52 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol saved my life with its quick handling!

Coming back from my dad's house last night, I was coming south on MD Rte. 32 at a point where it's two-lane. As I was approaching a spot in the road where it connects to a park-and-ride lot, some kid in his late teens (my estimate when my headlights hit his face) comes barreling out of the lot in his red Mustang - he FLEW out of it, more like it.

He stopped dead when he saw the incoming traffic, which I was at the front of - at this point, he was blocking the right lane of the two. I was in this lane. Since I was going about 65, I yanked my wheel to the left, somehow got around him as the Sol dodged hardcore, and then yanked back to the right.

Here's the kicker - I would've made it by quite a bit, but as I swerved, he hit the gas AGAIN, like he was going to try and make it to the oncoming lane and beat me. So as I was getting around him, he must have missed me by only a foot or two. I was PISSED!!!

I kept hitting my horn, and was wondering when it didn't sound - turned out in my rage I was hitting the cruise control button!! lol

Anyway, I watched in my rearview mirror as the guy kept gunning it after he almost missed me, and went offroad for a couple seconds before he swerved back onto the road and took off. What a frickin' MORON. Anyone know any kids in/around Sykesville, MD with a dark red Mustang, let me know... I'll pay that guy a visit.

But as it stands, the incredibly quick handling of my Sol (front strut brace, stock suspension) saved the day. Just a quick peaen to a great car... live on, black Si, live to race another day...
Old 01-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Kudos! :thumbup:
Old 01-27-2003, 03:14 AM
okie

i always hit my cruise control instead of the horn, or miss it altogether
Old 01-30-2003, 05:59 PM
solRNY

a car is a car, the driver make the menuever...:thumbup:
Old 02-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Hater
mugen del Sol cr-x pro.3

I agree. Nice save for the Sol. Glad to see you didn't smash up yet another prefectly good Sol.

You are the man.