Notices

SilverVision Light Bulbs

Old 01-18-2003, 05:17 AM
depht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SilverVision Light Bulbs

I have SilverVision light bulbs for my euro clear corners (front end). However, when I put them in, the blinker relays freeze (turn solid) but when I replace them with the stock light bulbs, they work fine (except they blink extremely fast now). Someone told me to hook a resistor to it (before the bulb plugs in) and that may work. How could I get this to work? They don't make different kind of SilverVision bulbs, only one type.

Oh, I drive a 1995 Honda Civic LX.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:06 PM
depht

Old 01-18-2003, 12:55 PM
rick
not noob?

too bad you didn't post about those bulbs here first.

it's very easy to make your own.

you just get the stock amber bulbs and go buy the highest temperature rated silver paint.
next you tape off the metal part of the bulb then give a really light quick coat of silver paint

wait until it drys and put in your car. the good thing about this method is that #1 it works, #2 if you screw up on a bulb you didn't spend $20 on them.

check to see if the silver part of the bulb is in contact with the metal base. if it is try scraping or rubbing some of the paint off so it's not touching the base.

also I've never seen silvervisions for japanese cars. only european cars so it might be the wrong bulb type? :dunno:
Old 01-18-2003, 01:13 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

god punished you for using silly lights on your civic
Old 01-18-2003, 02:22 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally posted by oc_civic
god punished you for using silly lights on your civic
:rofl: :werd:
Old 01-18-2003, 06:14 PM
VTEC

Is it the correct bulb? Last I checked, Philips didn't have an 1157-equivalent. (but that was a couple of years ago!)
Old 01-19-2003, 06:08 AM
DarkInfluence
Banned

So when you spray over the amber bulb with silver paint isn't it going to blink a very mild silver or amber? THat is a completly cheap way of doing somthing cause first if you don't match the 2 bulbs with the exact same amount of paint being sprayed then they will illuminate a diffrent brightness. It's a good Idea if you want to save money but, there are alot of other alternatives. I've seen some people have 1 clear bulb in place of the amber and they also included a tiny amber bulb a little next to the clear bulb so when they use the blinkers or hazard it will flash orange instead of clear.

I'm currently using the clear bulbs cause I've yet to be pulled over for not having amber bulbs when I blink for a turn. Did't cost me alot of money but, 8 bucks. At least they both illuminate the same exact brightness.