Notices

Alignment

Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
solanog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be great getting the kit for the camber adjustment, but what wears the tires the most is, as said, toe. If your car pulls to either right or left or your tires look with uneven wear (specially on the inside, at least that's my case) get it aligned. My car has on spec camber when empty but when I seat on the drivers side the right front tire goes out of spec by a little. This seems to be a regular issue on Hondas, my old Accord, my wife's Accord and my mother's newer Accord, have the same issue they are barely on spec with someone on the driver's seat.

Last edited by solanog; 11-05-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
1 quick sol

if you want the car to be aligned right you have to compensate for normal load on suspension, i've ran into problems aligning cars with very large drivers, so if you want your car excatly on spec, buy a front and rear camber kit, and have it four wheel aligned, camber is extremley hard on tires, espically negative camber which is present when you lower your car, i am not saying just cause your car is in spec, makes it handle the best but if you , but if you just drive your car everyday on the street put it back to factory spec for max tire life and even wear. As stated by an ASE CERTIFIED STEERING AND SUSPENSION TECH
Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
smallphobia

If i get a front and rear camber kit, will the Honda dealer be able to adjust it themselves? Or would i need to take it to a specialty shop that deals with modified cars and has an alignment machine?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by smallphobia
If i get a front and rear camber kit, will the Honda dealer be able to adjust it themselves? Or would i need to take it to a specialty shop that deals with modified cars and has an alignment machine?
your honda dealer has an excellent alignment machine. They are more than capable of doing an alignment for you, but I prefer to take mine to a specific frame shop if I don't have time to do it myself.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
1 quick sol

Any alignment shop can do it, some do it better than others, just let them know that the car has been lowered and that you already have the camber kits installed the just need set to spec, any decent tech should able to figure out how to adjust it
Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been lowered (and autocrossing) for 5 years without a camber kit. Just fix the toe and go! You'll definitely get some camber wear if you do a lot of commuter miles, but regular tire rotation will make tire life pretty livable. If you have asymetrical, directional tires, that doesn't work so well, though.

If its strictly a commuter car, then I'd get the camber kit, otherwise I'd enjoy the added spunk of the negative camber.