Notices

Radiator Hose-that was close!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 AM
fathergoat
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Hose-that was close!

I took the car around the block a few times to get some data for my IAT and ECT compensation. I was sitting in the driveway, engine running, and looking at my laptop. All of the sudden I hear PSHHHHHH and see steam. So I shut the engine off. My top radiator hose had burst. I'm so lucky this didn't happen on the road. I was using my old hoses because I was thinking of ordering silicone hoses. I guess I'm off to get some replacements.

BTW, coolant temps never went above 200*
Old 09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

wow, ghey but glad it was in the driveway.

You know this but good idea to rinse down the bay real nice if it sprayed all over

I wonder if I should consider changing my old-ass hoses... esp. since I squeezed the crap outta the top one maybe 15 times while flushing the system... my cheapness is holding me back h:
Old 09-02-2007, 01:12 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

that was a close one. Good thing you caught that. So how has it been running?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 PM
fathergoat
:3

it's been running great! I did some more tuning today, my low cam fuel still needs some tweaking. The timing is still pretty conservative because I don't have a knock sensor. But there is nothing like breaking the wheels loose at about 5k in second gear. I'm going to have to hit the track to do any more. Doing a full third gear pull on public roads is just too dangerous. Oh, and I picked up about five gallons of E85 today :rick: