Notices

HELP with car wont start

Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
d1_driftking
drifting my way to hell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with car wont start

i have a 93 civic HB a few weeks ago i changed my alternator dumb me forgot to disconnect the batter now it wont start or even crank any idea as to what is wrong? i was told that it might be the started i already checked that and it isnt.. i really need my car back any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks all ROB.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

By won't even crank, you mean the engine won't turn over at all, right?

If the starter and the connection to it are good than I'd assume it has to be the battery itself or it's connections.

Even if you had somehow fried something important the engine would still turn over as long as the starter is getting power from the battery(to my knowledge).

Check w/ a voltmeter to see what you're getting from the battery and if that's fairly close to 12 than you must need to clean/tighten the battery ground or the connections on the cable that runs from the battery to the starter.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM
d1_driftking
drifting my way to hell

thanks.
i also forgot to mention that the only way the car used to start was through direct contact? like i would have to get a screew driver and started from the engine i dont know if that made sence. but after a few days it wouldnt even do that. and it kept burning some fuses from the fuse box.