Notices

94 Civic LX won't start and driving me nuts!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 AM
challa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Civic LX won't start and driving me nuts!!!

Well I'll start at the beggining. I have a 94 Civic LX that I bought about 3 years ago. The only thing I had to do to it was replace a bad head. It ran great after that. Well about a year later after going short distances and shutting it off, It wouldn't start. I'd have to wait a few minutes and then it would. It wouldn't happen all the time, just once in awhile. I replaced the distibutor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, etc.

Then about 2 months ago my wife came to get me for lunch while I was at work. We got in the car, started it up and backed up outta the parking lot. I put it into drive and the car died. I thought it was the same problem we had been having. So we waited a few minutes and nothing. I had it towed back to my house to work on it. Well I did all the normal test. It would turn over but wouldn't start. So checking the underhood fuse box, I had a 7.5 amp back up fuse blown. I replaced it with a new one and the running and tail light came on. I took it back out and the lights went off. I thought there had to be a short or bad ground somewhere. I've checked everything possible I think. So I used an ohm meter and test light to check connections and voltage everything seem to be fine but I ain't getting no spark from distributor. I replaced it all. Still no spark. Can someone tell me whats going on or what to check?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:59 AM
m735is

Is there any type of alarm or remote start on this? My first concern would be the fact that the back up fuse blew. When you replace it and it turns on the parking lights makes no sense to me (that's the reason I asked about the alarm).
Other than the usual checks (battery, cables, ground points, main relay, fuel pump), I think the back up fuse issue will have to be fixed first.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 AM
challa

No, there is no alarm or remote start. I even pulled all fuses out of the under dashboard fuse box, one at a time to see what circuit it might be. Even with all those fuses removed, the lights still came on. I had a friend come over with a code reader and nothing comes up. When I had tested for codes the paperclip jumper way, the dash light constantly blinks. No short or long flashes, and it don't stop. Could it be the main brain is fried out or something? It's the only thing that hasn't been checked out yet. Has me wondering.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Eskimo10

Hey man, did you replace the distributor, the cap, the rotor button, and spark plug wires?

I don't know much about no spark situations, but I would go and post this thread on honda-tech.com they are a little more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:23 PM
challa

Yes, I replaced it all cap, rotor, wires. I've checked all grounds. Everything seems to be ok. I'll go ask the those guys you mentioned. I'm ready to give up and have someone else have a headache.