Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 AM
challa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Civic LX won't start and driving me nuts!!!

Well I'll start at the beggining. I have a 94 Civic LX that I bought about 3 years ago. The only thing I had to do to it was replace a bad head. It ran great after that. Well about a year later after going short distances and shutting it off, It wouldn't start. I'd have to wait a few minutes and then it would. It wouldn't happen all the time, just once in awhile. I replaced the distibutor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, etc.

Then about 2 months ago my wife came to get me for lunch while I was at work. We got in the car, started it up and backed up outta the parking lot. I put it into drive and the car died. I thought it was the same problem we had been having. So we waited a few minutes and nothing. I had it towed back to my house to work on it. Well I did all the normal test. It would turn over but wouldn't start. So checking the underhood fuse box, I had a 7.5 amp back up fuse blown. I replaced it with a new one and the running and tail light came on. I took it back out and the lights went off. I thought there had to be a short or bad ground somewhere. I've checked everything possible I think. So I used an ohm meter and test light to check connections and voltage everything seem to be fine but I ain't getting no spark from distributor. I replaced it all. Still no spark. Can someone tell me whats going on or what to check?