Notices

Service Manuals

Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
fathergoat
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mberndt
The dude wants the link for the online manuals, why not post it?

YOU got it for free, so why not him? LOL...

But IMO a Paperback Haynes is easier than using a computer with black dirty hands...

Hondahookup.com has them between 8-5pm M-F for members... Joining is free...
I just figured he might get it the same way I did, by reading the Online Resources Thread sticky. Hondaman posted a link to that thread. It seems like no one wants to bother reading the stickies or search for anything. And I was in the mood to be a sarcastic prick.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by fathergoat
I just figured he might get it the same way I did, by reading the Online Resources Thread sticky. Hondaman posted a link to that thread. It seems like no one wants to bother reading the stickies or search for anything. And I was in the mood to be a sarcastic prick.
same
Old 01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

I only made it to 60% last time I tried downloading a manual, this comp. has dial up(56k:boink: ) :chuckles:

I apologize for this is a little off topic but where is a good place to buy a cheap torque wrench? The cheapest I've found doesn't torque to low enough specs(I may be confused) to use on spark plugs, maybe not even for lug nuts. The $30 one I found would work but that's a bit pricey for me and it's HUGE!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:04 AM
uo959

You don't even need a torque for spark plugs. Just put them in hand tight and give them about 1 full turn and you'll be good.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Ra005e
I only made it to 60% last time I tried downloading a manual, this comp. has dial up(56k:boink: ) :chuckles:

I apologize for this is a little off topic but where is a good place to buy a cheap torque wrench? The cheapest I've found doesn't torque to low enough specs(I may be confused) to use on spark plugs, maybe not even for lug nuts. The $30 one I found would work but that's a bit pricey for me and it's HUGE!
never ever ever ever ever buy a cheap torque wrench. This is a precision instrument and should be treated as such.

Originally Posted by uo959
You don't even need a torque for spark plugs. Just put them in hand tight and give them about 1 full turn and you'll be good.
actually you technically should torque spark plugs. Especially with aluminum heads as they have a higher rate of stripping out threads. But yes if you are familiar with thresholds than it is easier and more practical to tighten them without the use of a torque wrench.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 AM
wcooksey

I noticed the "free" Civic manuals on the UK website (linked to from this civic forum) were down the last few times I looked. You can buy CD versions from E-bay as low as $5-$6 bucks. That's what I did and they were fantastic.

William
98 Civic + 03 Pilot
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
mberndt

Originally Posted by fathergoat
LOL, just checking...

Yep, it's called searching the net, and some of these members definitely need a lesson...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Originally Posted by uo959
I'm fairly confident that if I did that on my car I'd mess up the threads in the head. If not the first time, the 2nd.
When I changed the plugs in my '92 EX I went by what the manual said, thread in by hand and then 1/4 turn. It also gave the torque specs for those so equipped of course.
The manual for the '90 Prelude Si I used to drive, and still miss, said to do 1/2turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:49 AM
mberndt

Originally Posted by Ra005e
I'm fairly confident that if I did that on my car I'd mess up the threads in the head. If not the first time, the 2nd.
When I changed the plugs in my '92 EX I went by what the manual said, thread in by hand and then 1/4 turn. It also gave the torque specs for those so equipped of course.
The manual for the '90 Prelude Si I used to drive, and still miss, said to do 1/2turn.
Easiest way is to use a 1/4" socket, and hold the socket near the head, so you are not using alot of torque... Aka "mechanic's touch"

But you would rather be safe than sorry, cause aluminum is soft, and the threads are easily stripped... I mean EASILY...

Get an online manual, I posted the link? :dunno: