Notices

Problems after fuel system cleaning

Old 12-01-2006, 11:24 AM
t3t4delsol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the iacv is located on the back of your intake mainfold, there are three bolts that hold it in and it has two lines that run too it, remove the 3 bolts and the lines pull it off, sit it on the ground and begin to spray seafoam or carbcleaner inside the opening, let it sit in there and soak for a good 20 mins, there is a small screen at the one opening make sure you spay the crap out of that to get all the holes on the screen open, after letting it soak in for 20 mins turn it over dump it out and repeat the process for another 5 mins, turn it over again let it sit like that for an hour so the inside drys out,then reinstall
Old 12-03-2006, 04:23 AM
civicburner

Originally Posted by t3t4delsol
the iacv is located on the back of your intake mainfold, there are three bolts that hold it in and it has two lines that run too it, remove the 3 bolts and the lines pull it off, sit it on the ground and begin to spray seafoam or carbcleaner inside the opening, let it sit in there and soak for a good 20 mins, there is a small screen at the one opening make sure you spay the crap out of that to get all the holes on the screen open, after letting it soak in for 20 mins turn it over dump it out and repeat the process for another 5 mins, turn it over again let it sit like that for an hour so the inside drys out,then reinstall
Ok I did what you said, however the iacv on d16y8 isn't at the back of the manifold it's under the throttle body. Unless i cleaned the wrong thing. I had to unbolt the whole throttle body, take off the two hoses, so I could flip it over to get access to IACV which was bolted on by four small bolts. I just wanted to clarify for anyone else who tries on the same engine. Anyway, it didn't work.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 AM
civicburner

Default Please check this out

Please read this.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...5&postcount=14

I have a 96 civic. If you read the old post. You will see that I do not have a seperate IACV and FIV. Mine is one unit, which I have already cleaned. There is nothing to tighten in the FIV/IACV. It is setup differently. I also tried unplugging the connector to the IACV while the car was running, and when I did the idle did not drop down it just began surging from 800 to 1200 rpms very quickly and violently. I plugged it back in and went back to a slow surge of 800 to 2000. What the hell is wrong with this thing.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:58 AM
civicburner

Just following up, I finally fixed it. I ordered a used throttle body off ebay with iacv, tps, and map sensor all included. I just swapped the whole throttle body and now the car is working. I suspect that iacv was not working because before I swapped it I placed my finger over the air passage in the throttle body that iacv connects to, and the car idled fine. It was definitely not the map sensor because I checked it with a scanner and the readings were in spec.