Notices

Engine break in....

Old 09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fathergoat
do you mean 10-14-06 ? 9-14 has already passed.

yes i did.. the date is fixed in my post

10-14-07 HAN Meet
Old 09-27-2006, 05:00 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

i know EXACTLY how you feel man, dont worry it will all work out. Now hopefully you dont have to take the kick in the balls i did when we dynoed the car and it didnt do shit because of the gap in the rings being in the wrong spot haha. Also dont be afraid to boost it, i would let it run wastegate pressure while your breaking it in. The del sol is still running great, cant wait till my friend picks her up and makes it see all the power it should be making.
As far as this meet next year.....IM SO FRICKING THERE!!!! Cant wait till i can check out your area this time tony. As long as i have anything to say about it hte Del Sol will be making the trip, so you consider your self 1 out of 1 for now but next your gonna 1 and 2 after the sol and Omniscient take you down :chuckles:
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 PM
95LSv
Banded

WOW... This sux. After I rebuilt my b16, I've been told to baby it for about 1000 miles. I've been told to drive it under 4000 rpm and not use synthetic oil. And change oil at 500 miles.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by 95LSv
WOW... This sux. After I rebuilt my b16, I've been told to baby it for about 1000 miles. I've been told to drive it under 4000 rpm and not use synthetic oil. And change oil at 500 miles.
yea you dont want to use synthetic, but definently no good to baby it
Old 09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

As of right now the whole thing is up in the air. I was almost finished, just dropping the head on and doing the belts and shit and three of the ARP head studs fucked up. I got them all torqued to 50ft lbs and started working on the final torque of 70ft lbs then three of the nuts on the studs just started spinning and wouldn't torque.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Omniscient
As of right now the whole thing is up in the air. I was almost finished, just dropping the head on and doing the belts and shit and three of the ARP head studs fucked up. I got them all torqued to 50ft lbs and started working on the final torque of 70ft lbs then three of the nuts on the studs just started spinning and wouldn't torque.

are you positive that you got the correct head studs & that they weren't taller than they were supposed to be & u ran out of threads causing them to strip at the base?

this is really shitty to hear man.. get that thing figured out. .there has to be a simple explaination to why that happened.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Originally Posted by Running925
are you positive that you got the correct head studs & that they weren't taller than they were supposed to be & u ran out of threads causing them to strip at the base?

this is really shitty to hear man.. get that thing figured out. .there has to be a simple explaination to why that happened.
That's exactly what happend. I'm not sure how it happend though. They are the correct studs. I contacted lightningmotorsports.com earlier tonight because they sell individual ARP hardware.

I might just reuse my stock head studs for now until I get some new ARP hardware, but I don't want to shell out another 50$ for a new headgasket. I'd have to change that right once I pull the head studs out?'

I was so incredibly pissed off earlier, but it's not that big of a deal. I'll just finish the minor shit like putting the axles and wheels back on tomorrow and bag the motor to keep shit out.

Last edited by Omniscient; 09-27-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

That's exactly what happend. I'm not sure how it happend though. They are the correct studs. I contacted lightningmotorsports.com earlier tonight because they sell individual ARP hardware.

I might just reuse my stock head studs for now until I get some new ARP hardware, but I don't want to shell out another 50$ for a new headgasket. I'd have to change that right once I pull the head studs out?'

I was so incredibly pissed off earlier, but it's not that big of a deal. I'll just finish the minor shit like putting the axles and wheels back on tomorrow and bag the motor to keep shit out.
Do not use stock used studs that your gonna be boostin on especially after they have already experienced abuse from your last setup & all the positive crank case pressure that was trying to lift the head.

did u use the washers like you were supposed to?

you can still use the head gasket, u shouldn't have damaged that in anyway what so ever.

u can call me tonight if u need to discuss this, i'll be up till at least 12, i'm out here in the garage powder coating...
Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

as long as you bought the MLS headgasket your gonna be fine to reuse it
Old 09-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Originally Posted by Running925
Do not use stock used studs that your gonna be boostin on especially after they have already experienced abuse from your last setup & all the positive crank case pressure that was trying to lift the head.

did u use the washers like you were supposed to?

you can still use the head gasket, u shouldn't have damaged that in anyway what so ever.

u can call me tonight if u need to discuss this, i'll be up till at least 12, i'm out here in the garage powder coating...
Yeah I used the washers and the moly lube. So I could take the head off and reuse the head gasket?

I'd like to call but I lost your number.

Originally Posted by 2gr84u
as long as you bought the MLS headgasket your gonna be fine to reuse it
Yeha I got the Felpro MLS gasket.

Last edited by Omniscient; 09-27-2006 at 07:54 PM.