Notices

every gear grinding under 40 mph?

Old 09-08-2006, 01:27 PM
project_hatch
Power by Uncle Ben's Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default every gear grinding under 40 mph?

I need help. Every gear is grinding under 40 mhp during accerlerating and deceleration. I don't know what the hell it is...maybe tranny maybe half shaft?

I noticed that the clamp on the passanger side half shaft had broken off and all the grease was all over the bottom of my tranny, but I packed it full of grease again and sealed it again...the bearing looking fine but could it be the grinding?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
hachacker5024

trans is shot check you fluid lvl and see. i bet it is dry same thing had just happened to mine brought it to the shop and the tras had a chunk taken out of it and the trans seized
Old 09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

In addition to checking the transmission fluid level, I would also expect to replace the CV joint where that boot had opened up.

If the CV joint went dry and was operated for any length of time, I'm confident that the bearings in that joint are shot.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:25 PM
project_hatch

I just spent an hour pouring fuid into my tranny (it was dry) and test drove it...still grinding. I kinda expected that the cv was grinding... Bad bearing would make grinding noise? or would it be the gears going into the tranny? I really don't wanna use that damn ball joint seperator...when I did the swap I got hit in the face with it when the hammer bounced off of it and it sprung up and hit me in the eye...
Old 09-08-2006, 04:55 PM
lage privates
Banned

you take off the nut and hit the bottom of the ball joint with a heavy hammer and get it off
Old 09-08-2006, 07:13 PM
project_hatch

Last resort before dipping into savings :

I was talking to friends and they said it's somewhat common for cv axles to pop out of place? And now that i've thought of it, that's exactly what the noise sounds like, going to take the axle out tomorrow to inspect it anyway but just for knowledge, is it possible that an axle can pop out of the lsd?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:54 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Wait a minute... is this problem on a Civic? :thinking:

Moved to Civic / Del Sol / EL....

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
project_hatch

Yeah in my EK, i'm posting on teg section because I swapped in a jdm b18c and teg experts know more about b series than my less fortunate brothers that all got stuck with worthless d's.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:48 AM
project_hatch

Anyone have any ideas? I was told imput shfat bearings go bad quite often on gsr trannys
Old 09-09-2006, 11:24 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by project_hatch
Yeah in my EK, i'm posting on teg section because I swapped in a jdm b18c and teg experts know more about b series than my less fortunate brothers that all got stuck with worthless d's.
Then direct your questions to either the Engine Swaps or Engine Tech & Tuning forums. These exist specifically to handle the questions related to cars with swapped engines or other major projects.

The Integra forum is for the Integra model ONLY.
It's a matter of policy.

If I had a K20A2 in my Integra, I would be just as much in error to post in the RSX/ 02+ Civic Si forum. We can't let the distinctions between models get blurred at will.

Best of luck.