Notices

Stupid question

Old 07-13-2006, 05:34 PM
drummer12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question

I am SURE to get flamed for this but oh well.

Now, I'm all for performance and making a car look hot.

However:

What is up with these UGLY ass builds that are out there? I swear, some of you people buy a '91 hooptie with half a coat of two-tone primer and are jumping for joy just b/c you got 18 lbs of boost (even though you still have yet to crack 12's at the track). I used to have friends like that back in the day, and outside of their circle of gearheads, everyone would laugh at their cars (yes, hotties included).

I like Civics (I own one as a daily), but I think the Del Sol and hatchbacks are just disgusting (well, most of them. I kinda like the new GTI). I mean yeah, it's light, fine. BUT IT'S UGLY! lol. I'd get the Si if the damn thing came in regular coupe form.

All I'm saying is at least put a half decent paint job on the it, if nothing else. If you can spend $10k on performance, just drop a g on paint, would ya? lol

Let the flaming commence haha
Old 07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drummer12
I like Civics (I own one as a daily), but I think the Del Sol and hatchbacks are just disgusting (well, most of them. I kinda like the new GTI). I mean yeah, it's light, fine. BUT IT'S UGLY! lol. I'd get the Si if the damn thing came in regular coupe form.
The current Si is only available in coupe form :eh:, althoug a sedan is on the way. As for hatches, I doubt you can fit your dinner table into whatever it is you drive around. hfawk:
Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Whats the sense in burnin you dude? Seriously. You have you opinion, like everyone else does.

People just simply do what they want with their money. Plus, performance mods are addicting. That primer, or rust, or shell in general starts to not look so bad after you get hooked on mod gains. I know, my car has been all primer for 2 years now. :shrug: (Except I havnt had any significant mod gains so... that eliminates me from the addiction.)

P.S. - Dont second guess yourself. Say what you say. You cant please everyone.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:28 PM
drummer12

I do agree modding is addictive. I just don't do too much of it since I put on tons of miles on mine. (That's what I say now...ask me again in 6 months, haha)

I just knew a dude who had a Nissan 240 with ghetto ass rims and nothing but two tone primer on it. It was an eyesore to say the least - I felt bad for his girl. Plus, the engine he swapped it with was still was puny. I'm all for project cars (personally I'd like to play with an 80's Monte Carlo SS)...I just think that they should "look" complete at some point. I mean after all, the point IS to show it off, right?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 PM
95LSv
Banded

Originally Posted by drummer12
personally I'd like to play with an 80's Monte Carlo SS
So why are you here at HAN?? Just to get this dumb question answered? Well most people don't have the money to do everthing at once. And personally I find it funny when my friend in his "hooptie" 91 hatch, super sleeper, it actually is a hooptie, but w/ turbo smokes the crap out of people, most of them like you that judge stuff by looks. The look on their face is price less, they're like "what the fuk just happened?" :chuckles:
Old 07-14-2006, 03:25 AM
drummer12

Well...I guess I'm a slight hypocrite, haha. I've done some real basic mods to my Civic (pale by HAN standards). But I just never understood why, like you said, people can smoke the crap out of a lot of cars...yet don't "see a problem" with their car looking busted. Do you all actually think primer is sexy? Or just don't give a damn b/c numbers are all that matters? And I KNOW some of these people can bankroll whatever they want.

And yes I know that :wtf: look...that's me everytime I get smoked by a Jetta (usually stock too wned.

Last edited by drummer12; 07-14-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:25 AM
Chem Geek
H22A powered EH2!

Ok, I'll bite....

Your question somewhat applies to me, as although my Hatchback (oh god no, not another ugly hatchback!) could use a few dings pushed out and a nice waxing, but it'll probably never get it. I got the hatchback for two reasons, I used to drive one when I was 16 (now 25) and have fond memories of it, and stuff I did in it , and it actually has usable cargo space (fits my R/C helicopters very nicely). Are there other cars with more space, more power, and/or better looks? Of course, but the civic had the right combination for me. So that's the first part, as to why I got the ugly hatchback.

I used to be a mechanic, full time student now, so modding it is the fun part for me. I hate the way the body kits look, and that'll probably never be my style. I'd rather make it fun for me to drive, as I couldn't care less what people think about it, and the less attention the better. In fact the only exterior items I've bought are some LS Mesh rims and a set of knockoff spoon mirrors ($25 for mirrors? sign me up! ), and so far I'm almost $8k into this project . My girl likes it, as fortunately she doesn't like body kits and that stuff either, but no, she's not embarassed by the hatchback.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:12 PM
abarone300

Default Hey drummer12

Hey drummer12 vbmenu_register("postmenu_3022651", true); , do I understand you correctely, are you comparing Del Sols with Civic Hatchbacks? And are you saying the Del Sol is disgusting looking? If this is the case, I don't know where your sense of styling is, or if you do have one, you defenetly are in the wrong forum, and maybe you should try Subaru's
Old 07-14-2006, 01:38 PM
b20hatchy
EM1 Crew member #74

Ah this thread sucks. If you dont like a ceartain car or model keep it too yourself.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 PM
95LSv
Banded

Well when you will own a car thats "completed" and looks great, you will see how not fun that is. I used to have a 95 gsr, painted si blue, body kits (i don't know why i put those), carbon fiber hood, rims, you know it was "done". But I didn't enjoy the attention at all. I was always worried that someone will steal it in a parking lot or mess with it. Those were the reasons I sold it.