Notices

96-00 civic w/ Eibach Pro kit.

Old 09-23-2002, 03:35 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96-00 civic w/ Eibach Pro kit.

Pic of 96-00 civic with Pro kit.
Anyone with pics and knowledge about Eibach prokits on 96-00 civics?

HOw they ride and handle...

thx.

and where to get them cheap. If someone from Bay Area selling them cheap... make me an offer.

Ohhh and anyone have anything good to say about these tires...

Yokohama AVS ES 100

I need something a little more durable (longer tread life) for daily driving so Azenis's are off my list. POOP!!
Old 09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

ANyone... lil pic??
Old 09-25-2002, 01:04 PM
OSGP

Have a 99 HB. Had Eibach Pro-Kit with stock shocks and the ride was great. Not too choppy, not too soft, firmer than stock springs. Handling's way better too. However with stock shocks, the suspension felt hollow, less substance, and more 'bobbing'. I then got a set of Koni Reds and the combination is superb. The car feels more 'planted' on the road and the suspension feels more solid and more substance to it. Less 'bobbing' and ride's more like an European car. Highly recommended. :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2002, 03:13 PM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

^^^That's actually really good to know, because I'm looking for a good setup, too. The Pro-Kit is about a 1.75" drop, right? I want something low, but not too low. For now, I'll be buying just springs, and riding on HX rims...any recommendations on size of drop, etc.?
Old 09-25-2002, 05:31 PM
OSGP

Originally posted by dlh1999
^^^That's actually really good to know, because I'm looking for a good setup, too. The Pro-Kit is about a 1.75" drop, right? I want something low, but not too low. For now, I'll be buying just springs, and riding on HX rims...any recommendations on size of drop, etc.?
The Pro-Kit only drops 1" to 1.25" Stock shocks are okay, but may wear off prematurely. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2002, 06:33 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

The Pro-kit drop isn't much. Afterwards, you'll probably think its still the same. I'd get something a little more aggressive in the 1.5-1.75" range. These would be Neuspped Sports, H&R Sports, Tanabe S-Techs.

As for te tires above, I have them on my Si in size 205/50/15. So far, I'm very impressed. Excellent grip and good handling on wet roads. Also, if you buy a set of 4 from www.tirerack.com before Sept. 30th, you get a FREE RC car. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/yoko_r...romo_main.html

I got my RC car last week and I was surprised how big it was. It's the same size as those gas powered ones, except these come with a rechargeable battery pack. It's supposed to be a $100 value and it's FREE, but only for a few more days... So hurry up and order them!!!
Old 09-25-2002, 06:38 PM
str8edgexx

I know that the drop from a Prokit is only like 1.25"....can you really feel a difference? Is there that much improvement in handling? I've been toying with this idea for a while, and I can't go any lower because NYC roads will eat my car for breakfast if I drop it more than that. Will there be a dramatic improvement, a moderate one, or barely none at all? I read what OSGP had to say, but any one else have these that wants to share their opinion?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:11 PM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

Originally posted by OSGP

The Pro-Kit only drops 1" to 1.25" Stock shocks are okay, but may wear off prematurely. Good luck!
Oh, okay...I'm thinking the Sport Springs that drop your ride ~ 1.75", right? Got confused...thanks for setting me straight.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

i'm pretty happy with my h&r sports. they're much cheaper than eibachs tho, dunno why, same in quality . .. results are same as the other guy. ride is sporty, but shocks are workin overtime to keep up.

if plan on goin that route, theres a guy in teh classified that sells em for like, less than 150 shipped. good luck!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:35 AM
OSGP

Originally posted by dlh1999

Oh, okay...I'm thinking the Sport Springs that drop your ride ~ 1.75", right? Got confused...thanks for setting me straight.
You were probably referring to the Eibach Sport-Line. They have a drop of 1.75".

Quick Reply: 96-00 civic w/ Eibach Pro kit.