Notices

Multiple Questions

Old 05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
D166thgen
CAPiTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Questions

So ive been doing my research and im 16, but ive still got a few (many) left over questions. With the B18C Gsr 5-spd thats going to go into my 1999 EX auto via a JDM clip, because i want to use the radiator, fans, A/C, P/S, and all other engine bay parts from the teg, there have been a few small thoughts. One is that if i use the axles that come with the teg (it should give me both right) can i use my stock calipers and rotors and have them bolt right ont o the axles, or will i need to use the integras brakes? because i kind of want to keep the four lugs (doesnt the GSR have five, sorry if im wrong). Can i use the tegs suspension, or keep my stock ex sus.? Also the motor i will probably be getting is OBDIIa, and my car is an OBDIIb, so i will need a conversion to OBDIIa correct? i dont know shit about the whole wiring process, even though im trying to learn more, so thats going to be my biggest obsticale i think, being that im going to be doing this pretty much garage swap style with my dad, and were both learning. If ANYONE could give me some links on wiring to the B18C gsr from a 99-00 ex, or 96-00 ex for that matter, or give me some tips on what wires i might need to add, or if theres another option such as buying a USDM harness from a gsr, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, this is gonna be totally noob, but if im putting a motor in from a right hand car, are the driving components going to be different, such as backwards, when going into my civic? like will everything work with the steering column and the throttle cable and everything? or is all the shift linkage and everything backwards to the point where its just a hassel when putting it all in, because im going to have to mount the clutch pedal. And like could i use the EX's gas pedal, and just use the brake and clutch from the integra clip, or will i have to use all of the tegs pedals? Im just wondering if there is any difference between a left hand drive vehicle and a right hand drive vehicle when it comes to lining up all of the pedals, cables, and steering and all that, or if everything is going to be totally backwards. Dont flame, i think we all learned somewhere and made ourselves look like noobs, so give me a little slack, constructive critisism would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:55 PM
cvchtchbck92
Anti-Ebayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-As far as suspension, keep to your stock or get aftermarket for your Civic not the teg.
-In my experience, the only difference between right hand engine (JDM) and left hand engine (USDM) is the wiring harness. The shift linkage and everything else is the same. If you use the harness given to you, everything will probably line up in the opposite side. (I used my stock harness, just had to wire in the vtec because I didn't have one). But you should be fine, since your car is vtec.
-I got most of the info I needed from www.hybridgarage.com. I just checked their site and it looks like something is up. If I find any other links, I'll post.
-By the way, did you already try checking for some of your info on the stickies on this forum?