Notices

Is my motor blown?!?!??!

Old 04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my motor blown?!?!??!

i was driving on a local main street at 45 mph wen my car started getting hott.....i stopped... waited ...and then filled it with antifreeze and waited 15 minutes more then went on driving again......i noticed that there was a small lil lil leak of water coming from under the block ....i started going to a local shop wenn my motor made a shreeking noise .....like i slammed the brake a like a loose belt....anywayz after that noice the car cut off while i was driving at 50 mph in 4th gear......i pulled over and tried to start it again and after 4 tries ..... it came on but it couldnt hold idle and it harshly shut off.... i tried to turn it on after that and it woulnt even turn......i know it had the right oil level, my battery is new and so is my alternator.....my starter is activating and works fine i know 4 sure .....im totally confused and i dont know y it wont start all of a sudden......sometimes wen i try to start it ..all i hear is the click and sometimes the distributor whines...... WHATS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
judgeDredd

could be that you blew your hed gasket a farily common thing if the motor is used or abused if your lucky you my only have to replace it and they are cheap your car might not be starting becouse the ecu knows there somehting wrong and wont let it as a fail safe. u could have water leaking into the block that might be why you are losing water.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Yeap pull the head of as if you were going to do a head gasket and check your pistons. Drop the oil pan and check underneath and look at the rods and check your oil for metal shavings.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

umm this k20 bubble guy lol told me that theres a crank or something on the block somewhere and i have to use a rachet/socket and try to turn the motor manually....he said if it turns is not a seized motor...but if it dont turn its probably blown....do u know about this????
Old 04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

also wit a blown headgasket...even if it dont start ....it still tries to turn over right???? my motor doesnt at all....it just clicks and thas it
Old 04-22-2006, 05:34 AM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

you likely have a blown head gasket. don't try to start it any more. drain your oil and check to see if you have mixed coolant with it and vice versa with your coolant with oil in it. let us know what you find.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:14 AM
b18allday

with a blown hg it should still turn over. check your timing and compression, even leakdown test.

my friend with a blown hg is stupid and still runs his car hard. i told him he's stupid as hell but i'll laugh when he sees the damage.