Notices

Change front blinker light bulb - Honda Civic 1998

Old 03-30-2006, 06:05 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next time I'll leave it to the EK guys to answer. My '95 had plates under the headlights that restricted them from being removed without removing the bumper, but I had separate corners, of course. :happysad:
Old 03-30-2006, 06:06 AM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have taken my fender liner of several times and yes, those things are a bitch sometimes. if they give you trouble hit them with a heat gun, it will make the plastic more plyable and they will come out easier. even if you have to use a heat gun or, god forbid, you have to cut and buy new ones, it is WAYYYY less hastle than taking the bumper off and light assembley out.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
OblivionLord

Its a total of 30 minutes for me by taking off the bumper. Not much of a hastle at all to replace bulbs that way. I dont get dirty or have to work in any tight areas.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

But you have more chance of scratching your bumper's paint, not fitting the bumper back on and having it shake loose, etc.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 PM
OblivionLord

Not at all. I've taken my bumper off a million times just to clean the inside area and still do to this day. You just take a simple precaution by laying a large beach towel under it so it doesn't touch the floor. When you take off the side of the bumper you have to be carefull as well as when you fit it back onto the frame. You're right that it can easily scratch the fender but, when youve done it a thousand times then you will find the perfect way to place it on without scratching anything.

I fail to see how the bumper will have any tendency to shake if you secured it with the factory pop-in screws, bolts at the bottom and 2 screws on the sides. The ONLY thing thats an issue is the foam that deteriorates in time. Once that goes then the bumper will sag which youll deffinently need to replace with another foam piece.

Last edited by OblivionLord; 04-02-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 AM
unir1

After reading all of the suggestions I chose to go through the fender well. It's held in by several fasteners so I just started with the closest one. I popped it out (it broke so i'll have to replace it- no big deal) and that was all I needed to do. The fender well tucks behind the bumper cover but it's really flexible and you can flex the bumper cover as well. That easily exposed the light socket assembly. Just turn it counter clockwise and it comes right out. Push in the bad bulb and turn it counter clockwise.
The hardest part was getting the pop fastener out. I finally had to use a pair of pliers. It did bend the little tab that it fits in but it easily bends back. The whole operation took less than ten minutes... Hope this helps