Notices

clutch on 94 civic help!!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
EricsLSHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch on 94 civic help!!!!

ok well i was driving my car today and the clutch pretty much gave out and doesnt work at all. it didnt go to the floor but it lost pressure. i checked the fluid and its fine. im gonna put a new slave and master cylinder in and bleed the clutch from the bottom up. if that dont fix it a new clutch is in store for meeeee. does neone think it could be the slave or master cylinder even tho there are no leaks?????
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

Originally Posted by EricsLSHonda
ok well i was driving my car today and the clutch pretty much gave out and doesnt work at all. it didnt go to the floor but it lost pressure. i checked the fluid and its fine. im gonna put a new slave and master cylinder in and bleed the clutch from the bottom up. if that dont fix it a new clutch is in store for meeeee. does neone think it could be the slave or master cylinder even tho there are no leaks?????
nope, replace the clutch and resurface the fly
Old 03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

So it was fine and it just gave out? I've never seen that before. How many miles are on it? Did you have someone pump the clutch while you see if the slave cylinder pushes the fork with the throwout bearing on it? If you lost pressure it's most likely somewhere between the reservoir, master cylinder and slave. I guess it all depends on weather or not the slave is moving that fork.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 AM
EricsLSHonda

ok well it didnt exactly give out but it just doesnt work nemore. there is still pressure just not as much as there usesd to be. 75000 on my car and i ordered a new master and slave cylinder everyone says that should fix it. they arent leaking like bad but when i put my finger on the seal on the master cylinder in the car i get fluid all over my finger. so air must def be getting in my lines. cause my clutch works fine for a while after i bleed the clutch then a few days or a week later its bad again.