Notices

brake bleeding help!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
nvd13ymost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake bleeding help!!!

My front passenger brake hose broke and i bought a new one and installed it in my car. Now my problem is that all my other sides bleed execpt for the the front passenger side. when i pump the brakes i feel and hear the hose blowin air but no brake fluid comes out... can anybody help me??
Old 12-16-2005, 02:52 PM
kornycivic

a bolt not tight enough? or a washer missing perhaps? or possibly the wrong part was sold to you and it doesn't really fit correctly?

Do you have someone to pump for you and you can look at the brake like yourself?

also if the car sat for any length of time (like an hour or more) with the brake hose missing, all the fluid that could run downhill to that line will be gone, so you'll need to do a lot of air bleading before fluid reaches the blead like at all.

look for bubbling fluid at all points where it connects...that's about all I can think of...

Lastly, your post isn't very clear, but you don't have a lot of posts on your account, so I'm taking a guess here (don't be offended) that you may not know a ton about working on your car. If you've never bled brakes before, find a write up on how to do it correctly. Good Luck!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:17 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

there is a bleeder valve behind the radiator...
-loosen that nut, but dont remove it
-once you get liquid coming out (brake fluid) tighten it again and fill the brake fluid resevoir
-pump the brake 10x
-open the bleeder valve until liquid comes out smoothely...
-continue to do this until
-the brake feels normal
-the resevoir is full and your not losing liquid
-once u think ur all set...take it for a very slow test drive around a residential area to make sure the breaks are working properly... check the fluid levels when your done....if they are all full...ur good to go....if they are decreasing then u may have a leak or you still have air bubbles in the lines

good luck !
Old 12-17-2005, 10:16 PM
nvd13ymost

Originally Posted by tegbooster
there is a bleeder valve behind the radiator...
-loosen that nut, but dont remove it
-once you get liquid coming out (brake fluid) tighten it again and fill the brake fluid resevoir
-pump the brake 10x
-open the bleeder valve until liquid comes out smoothely...
-continue to do this until
-the brake feels normal
-the resevoir is full and your not losing liquid
-once u think ur all set...take it for a very slow test drive around a residential area to make sure the breaks are working properly... check the fluid levels when your done....if they are all full...ur good to go....if they are decreasing then u may have a leak or you still have air bubbles in the lines

good luck !
isn't that bleeder valve the one for the clutch??
Old 12-18-2005, 11:25 AM
jdm90civic

the only brake bleeder valves are on the calipers and u always bleed brakes farthest to closest from the master cylinder
Old 12-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Mr_Goodbar

Ya I just did a rear disk conversion on friday. The order is RR, LF, LR, RF. make sure the fluid is topped off after about 12-15 pumps of the brake pedal otherwise you will just be adding more air to the system.