Notices

Heater not working

Old 12-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Flatland2D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater not working

Ever since I pulled off my throttle body to clean and polish it, my heater hasn't worked. It's starting to get really cold and I need this operational again. When I took off the tb, a lot of coolant drained out from the hoses going in and out of the tb. I was thinking there was an air bubble in the heater core, so I just went outside and ran the engine with the radiator cap off and burped the hoses with the heater on full blast. Still no heat. Anyone have some ideas on what else I should try? More burping?

How does the coolant reach the heater core? Where are the connections? I'm pretty sure I connected the hoses back up right after removing the tb, but I just want to make sure coolant is still reaching the heater core somehow.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:05 PM
knightsil-gold

flush your whole system.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

The two heater core hoses connect at the firewall basically straight below the TB. That won't be your issue.
Keep burping the system while refilling the coolant to the top, so there is no chance of air re-entering the system. It will take a long while since the thermostat will not be expanded and will only be flowing through that small hole in it. Give it a good grip of time and keep going until you see no more bubbles in the system while filling it constantly.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:13 PM
EJ9driversseat

I agree with knightsil-gold, flush the coolant. then as a backup get it up on jack to check underneath, unless you already have. The connections may be fine. but the heater core may have crapped out on you. Lucky I suppose that you live in texas, not too cold there, is it?