Notices

94 Civic Head Gasket Atlanta

Old 12-07-2005, 07:35 AM
etionee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Civic Head Gasket Atlanta

I live in the Norcross area of Atlanta Metro and have a '94 Civic LX that just blew the head gasket. Took it to Pep Boys (my mistake...) thinking that it was some other sort of repair and they gave me the news and referred me to a local mechanic that does that sort of repair. Called the guy up and he quoted me $1,500 - $1,800 for an engine swap-out. My current engine has 150k, the replacement one would have 60k on it.

First question would be...is it worth it?

Can anyone in the forum recommend me a 'local' repair shop that they've worked with before?

How much could I get on the market realistically for a car with this sort of problem?

Would anyone be interested in purchasing/trade-in such a car? I'm a graphic designer/videographer/web developer and wouldn't mind to do some sort of 'trade'...or deal in cash, so let me know!

Anyone that can answer me please shoot me an email at etionee@mac.com and I will send you my number so we can talk on the phone about it and perhaps meet so you can see the car and tell me what can be done about it!

Thanks,
E.