Notices

Brake light on in dash...e brake down...help

Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light on in dash...e brake down...help

For the past couple of days, my brake light has been on. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes its on for the whole trip from A to B. Im thinkin it may be colder weather has a sensor trippin up.

I just dont know if there is anything to be worried about while daily driving with this light on. The brakes feel fine, no e brake holding back acceleration.

Also...during colder temperatures, do bushings tend to stiffin up resulting in a stiffer more uncomfortable ride?

Thanks to all that respond.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:12 PM
DakarM

on some cars the brake light is also used at brake fluid low indicator light.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Wharbone

Try adjusting it.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

Originally Posted by DakarM
on some cars the brake light is also used at brake fluid low indicator light.
I'm glad I saw this. My GF's car is doing the same thing and I forgot about the fluid level. Probably due for shoes and or pads.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:32 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

thanks alot
Old 11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Ok so it went away for a couple days, now it is back. I checked the brake fluid and it was low, so I filled it up and still the light is on. What else could this be besides the fluid level?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by imnot4n
Ok so it went away for a couple days, now it is back. I checked the brake fluid and it was low, so I filled it up and still the light is on. What else could this be besides the fluid level?
That brake light will usually only come on to indicate low brake fluid. Did you just fill it up today, and the light was still on? Try giving it another day or two and see if it does in fact go away. It could be that it hasnt "noticed" the change and could still just be on.....sensors can work great, or just be plain stupid
Old 11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
DIZZYSIR

check if the sensor is unplug, you probably unpluged it by accident....
Old 11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
TonyKunz
Mr. Porsche

Ok, the brake light could be two things, since I cannot see either I would suggest you check both. On your ebrake on the back, there is two wires to complete a circut and put that light on, hence why it goes on when you pull it up, Now if they are shorting somewhere it would cause it to turn on. If you notice that it is not #2 then check the wires and pull one out, and see if the light goes off. Who needs an ebrake light anyway, unless you are totally retarded and no not see that pole thing that is up at your elbow level.
#2 on some brake pads there is a carbon sensor in it. When the brake pad wares down it will allow a circuit to be formed on your brake pad. What it means is you need brake pads, if it is new pads, pull your brake pad sensor out to get the light off. Again there could be shorts anywhere, condensation is a good electrolyte, letting a charge pass through it, check is there is any damp spots along your fuse box.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:25 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by TonyKunz
Ok, the brake light could be two things, since I cannot see either I would suggest you check both. On your ebrake on the back, there is two wires to complete a circut and put that light on, hence why it goes on when you pull it up, Now if they are shorting somewhere it would cause it to turn on. If you notice that it is not #2 then check the wires and pull one out, and see if the light goes off. Who needs an ebrake light anyway, unless you are totally retarded and no not see that pole thing that is up at your elbow level.
#2 on some brake pads there is a carbon sensor in it. When the brake pad wares down it will allow a circuit to be formed on your brake pad. What it means is you need brake pads, if it is new pads, pull your brake pad sensor out to get the light off. Again there could be shorts anywhere, condensation is a good electrolyte, letting a charge pass through it, check is there is any damp spots along your fuse box.
92 civic is not going to have a brake pad wear sensor so you can disregard that part.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.