Notices

air quality

Old 07-28-2005, 12:43 AM
brion07
new2nerfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air quality

was just wondering if there was a second air filter in my civic hb that controls air quality inside the car---kinda funny smell when i turn on air. should i change air filter?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:58 AM
HKS-Secret

You know what............I have the same smell, its like a rotten dead rat has died in my car. I have found that the windscreen washer water (with blue cap) to be the culprit, so just drain it and re fill it , re drain it etc, till smell goes away.

PS: make sure its coming from the water bottle, so just open it and have a good old smell, if it stinks then change water OK

Hope i am right h:
Old 07-28-2005, 06:42 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

If you run recirculate in your car all the time that's where you get that rotten smell. You have to use fresh air once in awhile to get all the moisture build up in your ventulation system. When you run recirculate all the time your body's moisture and moisture in general builds up and causes mold to grow.

You can also just blast some Lysol into the vents just below the windshield wipers.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
If you run recirculate in your car all the time that's where you get that rotten smell. You have to use fresh air once in awhile to get all the moisture build up in your ventulation system. When you run recirculate all the time your body's moisture and moisture in general builds up and causes mold to grow.

You can also just blast some Lysol into the vents just below the windshield wipers.
LOL, unless they really do have a dead animal hiding in there! haha

(Radien really did have a dead animal in his! LOL) :lmao:
Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Temporary

I've heard a good way to keep that smell is right before you turn off your car, turn the AC off but keep the blower moving. You can recirculate or not. But you end up getting the moisture out. Most of that smell builds up when moisture is left sitting in the car while you aren't driving it.