Notices

Greddy turbo kit questions...

Old 07-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Joshcivic00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy turbo kit questions...

Since i have the greddy turbo kit that already has a charge pipe,etc. can i use that greddy ones to make the piping needed to connect to the intercooler???(i can weld a flange to it for the BOV right???(any recommendations on which greddy BOV to get???)also can i get the necessary silicon coupling and the clamps at a local harware store for the intercooler piping???thanks

also can the 19t turbos boost be turned up even though it is internally wastegated???
Old 07-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

If you are going to get a Greddy BOV, the Type-S is the best. I have heard that the sound of the new RS sucks ass. I have the Type-S and it is alright, but I would have rather opted for an HKS SSQV.

The piping kit will not include enough piping to make it to the intercooler and back. It is strictly for running the basic kit without intercooler, so you will need to custom make the rest of the intercooler piping unless you purchase the intercooler kit, which comes with all the necessary couplings and pipes to run their superior intercooler.

And yes, an internally wastegated turbo can be boosted more than the preset spring. Any basic boost controller in-line of the wastegate vacuum line will do that for you.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Joshcivic00

thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 09:01 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

Originally Posted by Joshcivic00
Since i have the greddy turbo kit that already has a charge pipe,etc. can i use that greddy ones to make the piping needed to connect to the intercooler???(i can weld a flange to it for the BOV right???(any recommendations on which greddy BOV to get???)also can i get the necessary silicon coupling and the clamps at a local harware store for the intercooler piping???thanks

also can the 19t turbos boost be turned up even though it is internally wastegated???
-Greddy Type RS BOV is nice, its got a whoosh sound.
-Theres plenty of people who use Home Depot couplings. The diameters they advertise is a measure of the outer diameter though so bring a pipe to fit them if you do choose to go to Home Depot for couplers.
-You should be able to turn the boost, get yourself a boost controller, or while your buying your couplers, piece together a Homemade BC
Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

heres a sound clip to the Type RS BOV
click here
Old 07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

u could make ur own piping, or get a pre fabed kit. if u have the money, greddy has the complete intercooler/ piping kit for i think 800.
i personally would have went custom kiy from the beginijng
Old 07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Originally Posted by jeterkm02
heres a sound clip to the Type RS BOV
click here
I prefer the WHOOSH and BUSSSHH to the CHIRPS.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Omniscient
I prefer the WHOOSH and BUSSSHH to the CHIRPS.
Yeah, the Greddy BOV's tend to be on the chirpy side. h: