Notices

how to empyt a/c system

Old 06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
hondacivic98ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to empyt a/c system

i want to empty out my a/c system...do i do both low and high pressure?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to bring it to a shop that has refrigerant recovery machines so you don't polute the atmosphere and make the next generation suffer.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
96GreenCivic

Yeah, you need a pro to evacuate your system. Besides the environment, you wouldn't want to expose that stuff on yourself if something goes wrong. There are some things that it is best to send out to be done.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
oscar_425
Got V-TEC??

just put a lil metal thingy in the thingy where u charge and let it out!!!! I did it with mine...!!! dont take it to a shop.. u wont do anything to the atmosphere.. well at least is nothing compared to factories and many other pollutants nowadays
Old 06-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oscar_425
just put a lil metal thingy in the thingy where u charge and let it out!!!! I did it with mine...!!! dont take it to a shop.. u wont do anything to the atmosphere.. well at least is nothing compared to factories and many other pollutants nowadays
That has got to be one of the most ignorant things I've read.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 06-13-2005, 08:32 PM
flatliner
Fix It

ok, so after you support killing the ozone, you need the system vaccuumed down to get all the residue and moisture you let into the system, not to mention the unmetered oil and have it completely done right. take it to a shop.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 PM
oscar_425
Got V-TEC??

Originally Posted by Nelson
That has got to be one of the most ignorant things I've read.
what?? I did it like that and then unplugged one of the lines from the condensor, turned on the A/C and all that shit came out.. really you're not doing SHIT byt letting that small amount of stuff into the atmosphere.. c'mon.. oh who do we have here?? captain planet?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:05 PM
flatliner
Fix It

its funny the science involved in a/c I love when its taken caveman style. By letting atmospheric pressure to equal your system you disallow a correct charge and also add water into the system to corrode your compressor inside out till it pukes metal into the rest of the a/c system. good job.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by oscar_425
really you're not doing SHIT byt letting that small amount of stuff into the atmosphere..
If you did it and the other few billion people on the planet didn't exist, sure. No problem.

When you do it, the guy down the street does it, and a few thousand other people around the country do it every day, it adds up fast.

There is a reason CFC-12 has been banned from production. It takes forever to brake down, and the ONLY way for it to brake down is to tear up the atmosphere. It's some bad stuff.

Not only that, but every time it's dumped into the atmosphere, there is less for other people to use. That's why the price is rising so fast, no more is being made and not many people go in to recycle it.

We have a couple Snap-On recovery and recycling machines at work.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:10 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

He's AC will be r134-a. Right now r-12 is up to 50 a pound. the EPA is trying to phase it put, but haveing people use retro fit kits. Why did u want to empty it anyways?? Oh by the way its a federal offence to vent R-12 or R13-A in to the atmosphere.