Notices

Turbo Update..... Problem

Old 05-19-2005, 04:49 AM
lkailburn
college kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you had your ecu sent out to be socketed, is the guy burning you a basemap? if your riding on a basemap you wont be able to change injectors. your basemap has to be created according to the injectors you have. ie: if you have your basemap was burned with 240cc injectors in mind, and you swap in 450's you'll be running PIGGGG rich all day long. or vice versa, if he made the basemap thinking you'd swap in 450's and your still on your 240's i'd be sad to say it'd probably be the end of your engine if you hit boost.

i recommend dsm 450's because they are so cheap. but if you can afford it go with new rc injectors. new is always better than used.

post up pics of your peltier fuel filter cooling diy when its done
Old 05-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Kabooki

i didnt know that.... So here is my new plan. I will now save up for some new injectors (450 isnt overkill?) This guy stilll has my ecu chip and im waiting to see if he has already sent it back, if not i'll get him to program it for 450 injectors.... I just sent the email, lets see what the outcome is... Thanx
Old 05-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

450's should give you a good amount of flexability, tuning wise.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Kabooki

i just wanted to make sure i wont be wasting gas with big injectors if im only gonna boost around 4psi. but if it can still be efficient with big injectors, thats fine...
Old 05-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Mario

Originally Posted by Kabooki
i just wanted to make sure i wont be wasting gas with big injectors if im only gonna boost around 4psi. but if it can still be efficient with big injectors, thats fine...
With proper tuning and depending how you drive, you will barely notice a gas mileage difference.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

does't matter if u put 1000cc injectors in.. if the car is tuned properly.. it won't dump any more fuel than what is needed. The only thing is that you would never use the full potential of the injectors..

on another note.. if your going to only be running 4psi.. there is no reason to change your injectors! your definatly in tunable range.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:35 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally Posted by Kabooki
The turbo has a filter and its just blowing to the ground right now, there is no piping to the intercooler
kabooki
i've helped you a couple weeks ago with the chipping of ecus...
you really have alot to learn at the moment....

you would realize driving your car with the compressor dumping air out to the atmosphere is BAD!!!!! it will destroy your turbo...
honesty, you need more edumacation before just slapping a turbo kit on
Old 05-20-2005, 09:38 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally Posted by lkailburn
i understand what've you've got setup so far and as running925 said DO NOT hook up your charge pipes without fuel management installed.

worst is fmu,stock injectors and ugh. damn i forgot the name of the other little thing
better is vafc/safc and bigger injectors
best is ecu chipping(ie chrome,uberdata,hondata) and bigger injectors
also fuel pump and fpr are good upgrades

First- best practice is to hook everything up, and take the wastegate spring out so it just dumps out so you won't see boost.

second vafc/safc and injectors and the hack is just as bad!! don't even offer that as a solution
Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
lkailburn
college kid

i completely agree. i would NEVER install any part of my turbo kit without having everything at hand. i simply stated that i now understood what he had installed. at the beggining i wasn't sure what he meant.

the hack is "better" than the fmu because it is actually programmable. you can actually "tune" with it. where the fmu is a straight up ratio. i know alot of people running the hack without problems especially on a measly 4psi setup.
however I would never install either of those. im going straight to dyno and street tuned uberdata. i simply offered them as possabilities.

trust me, i know my fair share of turbo goodness
-Luke
Old 05-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The hack or FMU setup would be more than enough for a 4 psi setup but much more and a standalone ECU will be best for safety and power.