Notices

Turbo Update..... Problem

Old 05-15-2005, 10:14 PM
lkailburn
college kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha i love that. big fat tial on an hf manifold lol. thats great. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Kabooki

Originally Posted by lkailburn
hahaha i love that. big fat tial on an hf manifold lol. thats great. :thumbup: :thumbup:
lol, sorry but i dont know what you just said...
Old 05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
lkailburn
college kid

i was talking about the tial external wastegate mounted on to the hf manifold. i think its funny cuz the mani is like 30 and the gate is like 200. and that manifold deffinitly doesn't come with an external gate flange lol

but it looks like whoever did the work did a good job
Old 05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Kabooki

oh yeah, there was originally a 02 sensor hole there. I had a friend weld a new flange to it then i painted it. The wastegate came with my kit but i sold the manifold that came with it because of advice from HAN.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:16 PM
lkailburn
college kid

SSautocrap or something?

anyways back to your problem. you mentioned you have not had your ecu chipped yet but your driving the car. by chipped are you implying uber,chrome,hondata or something of that sort?

what are u using as management right now? i see stock injectors, stock fpr, greddy fuel rail?? no fmu or anything so thats good. but i cna't think of any other management that uses stock injectors besides an fmu
Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Kabooki

Originally Posted by lkailburn
SSautocrap or something?

anyways back to your problem. you mentioned you have not had your ecu chipped yet but your driving the car. by chipped are you implying uber,chrome,hondata or something of that sort?

what are u using as management right now? i see stock injectors, stock fpr, greddy fuel rail?? no fmu or anything so thats good. but i cna't think of any other management that uses stock injectors besides an fmu
hehe, the fuel rail is stock, just has a sticker

I havnt touched my fuel system or ECU yet. The turbo has a filter and its just blowing to the ground right now, there is no piping to the intercooler because some ebay moron doesnt know what he is doing and gave me the wrong intercooler. I just have an air filter on the pipe that has the BOV, so there is no boost right now. The only stuff I modified was: Mounted the manifold and turbo to get the downpipe welded (custom made) then tapped into the oil line by the oil pressure sensor. Thats pretty much it, so the exhaust is turning the turbine, but nothing else is different. So is this just coincidence that my fuel system got screwed up or went out? I also had my alternator crap out after installing a new stereo deck (no amp or anything else)
Old 05-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Kabooki
hehe, the fuel rail is stock, just has a sticker

I havnt touched my fuel system or ECU yet. The turbo has a filter and its just blowing to the ground right now, there is no piping to the intercooler because some ebay moron doesnt know what he is doing and gave me the wrong intercooler. I just have an air filter on the pipe that has the BOV, so there is no boost right now. The only stuff I modified was: Mounted the manifold and turbo to get the downpipe welded (custom made) then tapped into the oil line by the oil pressure sensor. Thats pretty much it, so the exhaust is turning the turbine, but nothing else is different. So is this just coincidence that my fuel system got screwed up or went out? I also had my alternator crap out after installing a new stereo deck (no amp or anything else)

ok well heres the deal. Your not hurting your car in anyways by doing what u'r doing here.. BUT, DO NOT put boost to your motor with out some type of way to add fuel while under boosted pressure. YOU WILL lean out your motor if u do this. So just an a friendly FYI, make sure that by the time u do have all your charge piping done & what not that before you drive this thing, at bare minimum, you have an FMU on there. I'd personally go get some bigger injectors & chip u'r ECU, but just make sure that u've got something done coz u don't wanna blow that engine up due to running it lean.

Congratz on the turbo setup!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:31 AM
Mario

I remember with my Prelude I would randomly get a CEL too with the AFC and 450's... I dunno why, but it was a code 43 too. I ended up ignoring it because I noticed no power loss and it only came on... 2 or 3 times.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 AM
lkailburn
college kid

you hooked up the oil drain right? i did'nt see you mention that. i just wanted to make sure your turbo wasn't pissing out all your oil lol.

i understand what've you've got setup so far and as running925 said DO NOT hook up your charge pipes without fuel management installed.

worst is fmu,stock injectors and ugh. damn i forgot the name of the other little thing
better is vafc/safc and bigger injectors
best is ecu chipping(ie chrome,uberdata,hondata) and bigger injectors
also fuel pump and fpr are good upgrades
Old 05-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Kabooki

yeah, this car will not get any boost till my chip comes in programmed with uberdata. I plan on getting new injectors so I will just see what I can get at a decent price and what size I will need. While Im messing with my fuel system i thought id try an idea I had while someone was mentioning how they are going to use dry ice to cool their fuel lines to like -49 degrees for performance. My idea is to simply use a peltier plate under my fuel filter wich should have the same effect. I already got the peltier from ebay for $6 shipped. I'll post more info as I get this one done.

And yeah, I did do the oil return line which I must say was fun.... (stupid secondary metal insert thats in the oil pan made it tough to thread)