Notices

New here and have a question.....

Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 PM
domedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and have a question.....

I just bought a 2002 Civic LX and am wondering if it's worthwhile to modify the car at all being that it has no VTEC. Thanks all.....
Old 05-09-2005, 12:58 PM
clean-jdm-ek

Originally Posted by domedog
I just bought a 2002 Civic LX and am wondering if it's worthwhile to modify the car at all being that it has no VTEC. Thanks all.....
lol.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 PM
domedog

LOL I guess not right???? Sorry I havent had a Honda in a decade
Old 05-09-2005, 01:17 PM
AliasNeo

Originally Posted by clean-jdm-ek
lol.
what the hell is your problem....

you dont have to mock him for asking a question.... great way to leave first impression ya jackass.... so why not just help him?

but as for your car domedog, just make it on how you want it to be, dont need a vtec to make it run nice... i dont know too much but thats why im here, to learn... ive seen some nice cars that run great that arent vtec... its not really limited to what you can do really because it isnt vtec, just look into the parts and know what they will be used for..

hope it helps a bit
Old 05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
domedog

Thanks Neo, finally a mature responder. I will probably look at a CIA first. Just the basics since this car is my daily driver. But you are right it's a smooth ride.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:10 PM
clean-jdm-ek

Originally Posted by AliasNeo
what the hell is your problem....

you dont have to mock him for asking a question.... great way to leave first impression ya jackass.... so why not just help him?

but as for your car domedog, just make it on how you want it to be, dont need a vtec to make it run nice... i dont know too much but thats why im here, to learn... ive seen some nice cars that run great that arent vtec... its not really limited to what you can do really because it isnt vtec, just look into the parts and know what they will be used for..

hope it helps a bit
I didn't mock the guy, but if someone has to ask if they should mod their own car, it just doesn't make sense to me. Obviously if you're going to modify a car, you're going to add some horsepower, vtec or not. Sorry, if I came off as an ass, but to me, it just seemed wierd that you would ask that question, even if you are a novice.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Bricks2k4civic

the 7th gens are nice, and you can get some good numbers out of it. The only problem I have is finding parts. Nobody makes decent parts, and are in no hurry, so you can either wait or modify.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
dicivicHB
...on Christ's Team...

what motor is in it? i'm not too familiar with the 02's but i would say if you're going to start anywhere it'd be with the basics...intake, headers, exhaust...and vtec is not necessary, it's a nice little trick to gain some horsepower that honda added, but there are some sweet setups "lacking" vtec! alot of the sponsor's for HAN have good stores to shop online at, or you can just find a local shop and see what they have....good luck with the mods, and keep us updated and most importantly is pics when you can!! peace